Back from the Dead, and Back in Black (Life 2.0!)

[er...]

Thanks Eric,

Would you mind to elaborate a little bit on what it was like for you when you jumped off at .0625? Was it tolerable? What was it like? I just am scared to experience C/T withdrawals all over again. It was so traumatic in all sense of the word. Looking for that hope!

Thanks so much for your inspiration:)

Hey - for me, jumping off from .0625, was actually not too bad at all!  Physically, for me, it was just another cut, and a really easy one at that!  Mentally, it was a bit tougher or more of a big deal, because it was the last one, and I guess I remember being worried that I might have a panic attack or some other freak out over the next few weeks, so I kept a little clonazepam at home for a couple of weeks - but then, I was really excited to dispose of it at Walgreens (here, can you get rid of this shit for me?)

You’ll be so psyched up to finally get your freedom back, I am sure you won’t have much of a problem.  Just focus on what’s next and take real good care of yourself physically - diet and exercise, and I’m sure you’ll see major improvements soon!  Best of luck! - Eric

Eric Thank you for taking the time to reply to me :) I SO appreciate that... I will look forward to freedom for sure  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Eric, thank you so much for sharing your story!! Congratulations on your recovery, hopefully you won't have any more dealings with  any unprofession medical doctors:) you did mention that you were having a lot of issues with memory, I was wondering are they all completely gone at this time? i too have so many problems right now, it feels so frustrating, I wonder if that memory ever comes back completely?Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, I absolutely agree with you about the use of exercise, i exercise every day for the last year too even if it gives me more confusion short term, i believe it has so many benefits long term..

Hi Eric,

Your story is truly inspiring!

Congratulations and thank you for giving hope to others!

What drug did they use for anethesia for your surgery lately? Did you have any side effects from it?

I'm planning a back surgery in the middle of tapering off valium with severe wd. I'm in huge concern about how my body reacts to anethesia meds.

Wishing you the best in all aspects of your new life!

4mom

this is great!

i just wanted to chime in and say you probably still could be a 50 year old underwear model.

the new big thing in modeling is people with imperfections previously seen as unattractive!!

acne, deformities, scars, it's all in there!

dont give up!!  ;)  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Eric,

Your story is truly inspiring!

Congratulations and thank you for giving hope to others!

What drug did they use for anethesia for your surgery lately? Did you have any side effects from it?

I'm planning a back surgery in the middle of tapering off valium with severe wd. I'm in huge concern about how my body reacts to anethesia meds.

Wishing you the best in all aspects of your new life!

4mom

Hi, thanks for the good wishes!!!

I'm not sure what kind of benzo they used when they knocked me out for the surgery..?  I would advise not making a big deal of it, as I had said that to a doctor and now, on my medical record it says I was a benzo addict. 

Basically, I think the benzo and all of the other drugs they have you on for a surgery will make us a bit more spacey for a while, but I don't think it will set us back too far..

Best of luck with back surgery and please just make sure you ask lots of questions, and get second or 3rd opinions - my first simple surgery was botched completely and that set me back significantly!!!  (in hindsight, i wish i'd just asked lots of questions, and not assumed anything, or trusted that doctor..)

Eric

• 3 years later...

This post is the best one I ever read in this forum so far.

Such an insight of wisdom, and such a beautiful way of expressing the experiences we all go through.

I am having some trouble with my taper now, but I feel charged up today as the healing seems inevitable. We will always be indebted to buddies like Eric who in their simple yet potent way kept kindling hope with their success stories.

• 2 months later...