Sleep talking or holding a conversation with myself while sleep. Help?

[tr...]

It 3-4 days ago as I’m tapering off meds. I wakeup from answering questions about my health,etc. in my sleep like I was having a conversation and when I didn’t agree with a question I wakeup shaking or yelling “No”. And still groggy after slept 3-4 hrs. I don’t think I was dreaming. Maybe hypnagogic or something? Or just bad sleepingtalking? Anyone have experiences with during taper or acute WD? Is it normal or should I be worried?!

Trench,

I think you're probably fine. I had this during different tapers and very early in wd. I would walk, talk, and all sorts of things in my sleep. There were times I saw things that weren't there (hypnogogic or hypnopompic hallucinations). I wish I had known then that this was just my brain being thrown into a tizzy from wd. It settled down and stopped completely. You're not crazy. You're not sick. Benzo wd is just really, really intense and it loves to do crazy things to sleep.

MT

This morning I awoke to punching my headboard. I remember I was being held down by someone in a dream. I also get sleep paralysis.