Author Topic: Short Term user here 2 months out  (Read 1119 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Short Term user here 2 months out
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 05:11:04 pm »
Iím so happy you have been spared the long agony that many of us have to endure. 3 weeks use of adivan destroyed me. Got cold turkeyd by my clueless doctor and suffered in agony for months. Stupidity lead me back to reinstate and I tapered for approx 3 months
 here I am 32 months later and still in the shit show of many symptoms. Yes you are correct that everyoneís experience is different.
You now go live a long happy life and never touch another benzo again. 👍🏻

I am sorry that you are still suffering at 32 months.  My doctor was absolutely clueless as to what this poison can do to a person and if I would have listened to him I would have wound up in a very bad place.  He made it seem as though the worst thing that could happen would be some drowsiness as he was prescribing them.  After returning twice to his office with my bp in the 151/110 range and breaking down crying (I haven't cried in front of anyone in about 30 years) he kind mentioned that "some people have a tough time".   >:(  Some informed consent would have been nice.  It would have been nice to know that he was handing me a loaded revolver and not "Pez".  I have made sure that every medical record that I know of states that I have Benzo allergy or that I experience extreme paradoxical reactions to them.  I didn't trust doctors much before, I do not trust them at all now, they all seem to be either oblivious or conspiring members of the Pharma sales force.

I hope that everything starts to take a turn for you soon for the better.  Are you able to exercise?  I found that even walking helped me when I experienced symptoms.
Yes I walk as much as my symptoms will allow. Iím exercise intolerant and if I push to hard then Iím back in hell. Iím doing better than several months ago but still going through the waves pretty bad. My clueless doctor was just wanted to keep prescribing more rather than get me off the poison. Enjoy your new life my friend.

Thank you, I'm sure things will continue in the right direction for you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 05:33:25 pm »
Congratulations Horizon on being free and never to go there again ! That's power right there ....
 I look forward to the day when.....
And the medical system clearly has very little to do with healing.   
Good idea to have all your med  records say you are allergic ... We should all do that .

Happy living !
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 08:25:22 pm »
Thanks [...],  One of the guys in the other boards told me that when he was in the hospital, specifically stating that he had a "paradoxical" reaction to Benzos shut them down.  Saying that you are sensitive or have had withdrawal issues triggers an argument but that there is a rare but known paradoxical reaction to Benzos that they don't mess around with.  Best of luck to you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 08:27:31 pm »
Congratulations Horizon  - so stoked for you. You beat the benzo beast!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 10:33:52 pm »
Thanks Sober, you'll be here sooner than you think!

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 09:57:12 pm »
Thanks Horizon for this encouraging success story!  So glad for you!  You are absolutely right about not getting caught up in the fear factor.  Many, many people come off these beasts without going into protracted.  The vast majority!!!   Thank you for reminding us.

Much love and compassion to those who do not.  My heart is truly with you.

I'm roughly nine weeks out and am getting better right away.  Still healing to be done, but I am so happy to report that everything is heading clearly in the right and good direction.

(Hi Pete and Sierra!!!)   :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 02:24:24 pm »
Horizon,

Congrats and sorry that you had to through this for such a short use.  I like how you said  "It seems that those of us who are having symptoms were the "lucky" ones".  A great way to look at this experience.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 03:03:52 pm »
Thanks Horizon for this encouraging success story!  So glad for you!  You are absolutely right about not getting caught up in the fear factor.  Many, many people come off these beasts without going into protracted.  The vast majority!!!   Thank you for reminding us.

Much love and compassion to those who do not.  My heart is truly with you.

I'm roughly nine weeks out and am getting better right away.  Still healing to be done, but I am so happy to report that everything is heading clearly in the right and good direction.

(Hi Pete and Sierra!!!)   :smitten:

Thank you [...]!  Great to hear that you are off and that everything is on the up and up!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 03:08:41 pm »
Horizon,

Congrats and sorry that you had to through this for such a short use.  I like how you said  "It seems that those of us who are having symptoms were the "lucky" ones".  A great way to look at this experience.

Yeah, it wasn't fun but I continually remind myself of the fact that I was actually lucky in that I realized that this stuff was poison early on and was able to make it just a short term thing.  I hope you are doing well.  ;D

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 03:19:53 pm »
Your story is inspiring Horizon and you've helped a lot of people by telling it and coming back to share your journey. Very very stoked for you. I am so glad you caught the benzo beast early.

It gives me hope to hear stories like your's and [...]'s as I taper down from 1.8mg of V...I have really made it a point to avoid reading other things on the forum that will just scare the F out of me.

Having a positive attitude really is a game changer when getting off meds.

One day closer to being healed for ALL of us.