Mals 2 years off celebration!

[...]

Hi everyone today is my 2 year freedom date from my last dose of xanax.

I am here just to give an update!  Things are going very well and have been for a few months now.  This has been quite a journey and I can't believe that I am at my 2 year mark. Woo Hoo! I feel very much "normal" now whatever normal means.  I must admit though that I am still having very small sensations now and then. It seems monthly I am still having a couple of days when things that bother me seem magnified and I can over react to situations.  Those couple of days I seem to focus on the negative and seem to feel down about things. Thank god it is only a couple of days and it seems to lift.  I don't like it but I am very aware of it. For the most part my days are good now and I have my old self back.  I always wondered if it would come and I am here to say "Yes". I pretty much do everything like I use to before xanax.  There are periods of time that go by that I don't even think about it anymore.  Even today it just hit me that this was my anniversary and I need to post an update.  I use to read and read on this site and wonder if this day would ever come.  It does and all of you need to keep pushing forward with your recoveries.  I continue to stop by and check in on my family here on BB.  I do notice questions like why do people stop posting on here and where do they go.  Well I can tell you as you heal you do not feel the need to be here as much which is a good thing.  I met so many wonderful people that I will never forget so I really just stop by to check on some of them that are still recovering.  I believe that as we recover we start to wean away from this site and we start to live our life again.  It is all good.  I had those same questions back during my recovery and never could seem to get the answers.  You all can and will recover! Don't give up hope.  This is the hardest thing that I have ever gone through but I did it and so can all of you.  Fight the fight and don't give up.  I will always be grateful to Benzo Buddies!  I do believe this site saved my life.  I have met some wonderful people here and I will continue to keep in touch with the ones that cheered me on.  Some days were very dark and I had so much despair.  Those are the days I needed this site the most.  Be thankful that you are here and that you have so much support. 

Well this is my update and I hope it gives some of you hope that you will heal! It takes time and it can be a very slow process but with each passing day you will heal. I wish all of you continued success and I pray that you will all have the strength to get through your own journeys.  Believe in yourselves and you will succeed!  Best of luck to all the Buddies!  Thank you to all of you  and you know who you are!!  I will never forget you and you will always have a special place in my heart.  This will be my last update because I do believe I have healed and it is time to live my life and close this chapter of my life.

Best of Luck

Mary Anne

Thank you Mary Anne, your Buddies old and new need to see what you've written.  :smitten:  We're so happy you've gotten your life back!

Hi Mal

Thank you for sharing your success story with us.

You give many of us hope!

Congratulations on doing so well and are back to living again.

Teakettle

Hi, to my very good friend and supporter.  I had tears in my eyes reading your last post.  Boy, we have been to the deepest despairs of our life together and I so thank you for always being there for me.  I can't wait to join you on my last update post.

Love,

Patty  xoxo

It's so good to hear from you again, Mary Anne/mal and to know that you are back to your new old self.  Thanks for stopping by to cheer the new folks on and give us old folks a fond memory.  :smitten:

Hi Mal!

I'm so happy for you! You are a true benzo buddie success, and thank you for the update.  :mybuddy:

Love Linda

Mal :)

Congratulation my friend! Life is amazing post benzo!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

May your days be filled with joy and happiness

Shelly :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank You SO MUCH for taking the time to come back and talk about how you are doing now. :thumbsup: I think it is so important for people coming through this process to know that there is light at the end of the darkness! Really great to hear the year by year improvements! ;D:yippee:

YAY!!! to getting your life back!!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee::hug::smitten:

So proud of you Mal. And thanks you sooo much for posting that.

You are right about not getting on the site as much as we heal. I still get on everyday but do more reading than typing.

Two years for me will be this September. I have to admit I still have mild DR and mornings are still my worst. But I am able to work full time and raise two boys.

Take care!

Tanya

Thanks for the kind words!  Read some replies from some of my closest buddies and even got some from some new ones.  I hope my story can help those that wonder if this will ever end. It will end and you will appreciate life so much more than ever before. No matter how bad you feel or how hard this journey may get you need to keep going forward in your recoveries. You will be amazed at your strength and you will be sooo proud of yourself for staying strong and fighting on.  I never knew my strength until this happened to me.  I really feel I can make it through anything now.  I know each and everyone of you can do this.  The fight is a long and hard one but just remember you are healing and in time you will feel better. Best of luck again to all of you!

To my family and original buddies, I love each and every one of you.  I will never forget you. I am so proud of all of you that are still fighting on.  I know your complete recovery is just around the corner. We have been to hell and back. I will continue checking in on you from time to time.  It won't be a true celebration until our whole crew is feeling great again! Then it will be time for some online celebrating!  Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Mary Anne

Oh Vic and Caral thanks so much!  So good to hear from you.  I love you both and you are still part of my family.  Definitely don't post on here much anymore but still come by to check on all of you.  I am always hoping and praying for the best for both of you.  You deserve much happiness. Take care and I will be dropping by from time to time.

Mary Anne :smitten:

Hi there!

Thanks so much for coming back and giving us an update on how well you are doing! I'm so glad you have gotten your healing, and you are healing even more every day! Those little remaining sensations will drop off before you know it!

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration! :smitten:

• 6 months later...

Just a quick note that I thought would be worth mentioning.  I have gone a whole 30+ days no waves.  Could this be over???? Even if I still feel stuff I am sure it will be mild. It has been mild for a few months but this is a first for me!! 30 days and nothing that I can define as a "Wave". There is hope for all of you so keep moving forward. You are healing! This is a process but it does get better. I have been living my life at 100% for quite some time now but I would still feel minor sensations here and there.  This is the longest I have gone not feeling something!!!

mal

Mary Ann - I didn't know you while you were suffering through your w/d but I am so happy to hear this wonderful news.  And thank you for coming back to reassure the rest of us - we all need to hear this!  Have a wonderful life!

Hoping2BFree

It sure is good to hear such good news from you, Mary Anne.  ;D  And aren't you a sweetie to come back and post about it so others would be encouraged!  :mybuddy:  I hope you have a wonderful rest of your life.

Thank you for coming back and posting an update. I am so happy for you and your story gives me and others hope, so thank you! Enjoy the rest of your beautiful healed life  :smitten::thumbsup::yippee: :yippee: :yippee: