Advice: Anyone tapering Klonopin?/ how fast do we taper?

[Ta...]

Anyone who has stuck with Klonopin during taper have insights into their methods (current or past)? The lower my dose gets, the harder it gets to make cuts because my symptoms get so bad. Am I going too fast? I have a 2 year old at home. I can not afford to let this drag on forever, but I can't get in a bad spot either. Anyone have any insights into how to find your best taper regimen? My plan was to cut 10% every 2 weeks, now it's 10% every 4 weeks. I'm having waves of bad symptoms intermixed with normal symptoms (just my every day life on this nasty stuff). Any advice would be incredibly appreciated!

Anyone who has stuck with Klonopin during taper have insights into their methods (current or past)? The lower my dose gets, the harder it gets to make cuts because my symptoms get so bad. Am I going too fast? I have a 2 year old at home. I can not afford to let this drag on forever, but I can't get in a bad spot either. Anyone have any insights into how to find your best taper regimen? My plan was to cut 10% every 2 weeks, now it's 10% every 4 weeks. I'm having waves of bad symptoms intermixed with normal symptoms (just my every day life on this nasty stuff). Any advice would be incredibly appreciated!

What point are you at in your taper?

I had to hold several times and just continue as symptoms allowed.

It can get tougher as the doses go lower but after a while it just leveled out.

Don’t be discouraged, it will pass. Also realize sometimes certain doses or time periods are just bad for whatever reason...

I'm on .5K dry cut taper will hold for a week to 2 weeks than cut 10% every 1-2 weeks to stabilize or a little faster depends on sx's. Going to take it easy from coming down 50% from 1mg. I made it this far and going to go slow here out. :thumbsup:

YES!!!

I am proud of you, stick with it and don’t be discouraged. I had one extended hold period to stabilize and then things seemed to level out. I still had symptoms, but it didn’t feel like a runaway train.

You will learn to judge and trust your body/ mind response as you go and be able to adapt. Just remember that even if it gets uncomfortable- these are just symptoms of a process. It’s like getting a fever when you are ill. Just a symptom and it will pass.

Strength, and always remember your goal.

I had a good day today. A did a few things to help me. One was a meditation video for DP/DR and amazing. And a hypnosis video for health anxiety. I feel great and know something is changing in my brain. I can feel it now. I don't know what happened maybe just stabilizing now or me being able to cope better. But I know things go up and down at times. But I hope this continues or gets better as I taper. Only big problem is insomnia by cutting K, I have to increase slightly on Seroquel to counteract the lack of K. But by experience I can only go as high as 250mg of Seroquel because I start feeling some respiratory depression in my sleep so I have to be careful with that. The IR is quicker onset but XR lasts a bit longer for sleep duration not sleep onset as both versions for me takes a 1-1 1/2 hrs to work. And K takes 45mins. to 1 hr to start but don't feel the peak until about 1-2 hrs to hit me to sleep. So I take both about a hour before bed and get 5-6 hrs of sleep. Seroquel is worn off about that time because its halflife is 6 hrs or 50% and grogginess from Seroquel can last a few more hrs after wake up if I take XR but not so much reg. instant relief. Because of the coating on XR pill doesn't dissolve as fast in the intestinal tract over a 24 hr. period. If I want to sleep faster and for 5 hrs than IR. XR maybe a extra hour or so but groggy for a few hours. For now soon I can continue to taper K but I think I'll hold til Monday and try a 10-25% cut. But the less may be advisable. Will see.

Unfortunately, we are all different so theres not really one answer to this. During my taper, things have changed pretty regularly. In the beginning I was making 5% Cuts every day for 5 days. It was terrible but I got through. As I went on and on I had to adjust how much I cut, when I cut, and get used to differing symptoms. Just as I would learn to accept certain symptoms, they changed. The short answer is, when my body/mind told me it was too much, I knew. I tried to stick to a schedule but if I needed time, I took it. I pushed myself even on days I didn't want to if I thought I could maintain. If I was losing my grip on reality, I took enough days off to get to a point where I could crack a smile between waves. I never waited until I was feeling great, just good enough to start again. You have to go at your own rate, and I believe the point of tapering is to allow your brain some time to heal. There's no harm in giving yourself breaks, despite wanting to be off as soon as possible. I grappled with this duality for the majority of my taper but found it was always better to listen to my body as I was able to get more done in the long run that way. Slow and steady wins the race in my opinion.

Hello. I just wanted to give you my experience. I am super sensitive to cutting and have had to hold a number of times to get things to level out. One thing I learned from someone on Surviving Antidepressants was that you can get interdose withdrawals even when you are dosing twice a day on clonazepam. I ended up switcing to dosing three times a day and it made a huge difference in my daily symptoms. I also know of one person that went to four times a day dosing. By switching to dosing three times a day I was able to start tapering again without having sxs that were quite as bad. It's still rough but I am functional most days. I also found that listening to my body and doing a sxs based taper enabled me to be able to function daily as well.

I hope you are finding what works best for you.

Hugs  :hug:

T

YES!!!

I am proud of you, stick with it and don’t be discouraged. I had one extended hold period to stabilize and then things seemed to level out. I still had symptoms, but it didn’t feel like a runaway train.

You will learn to judge and trust your body/ mind response as you go and be able to adapt. Just remember that even if it gets uncomfortable- these are just symptoms of a process. It’s like getting a fever when you are ill. Just a symptom and it will pass.

Strength, and always remember your goal.

Hi I’m on 4mg per day of solco clonazapam. I havnt had any taper success. I’ve suffered treatment resistant depression for 20 years, so I think my biggest withdrawal symptom is bad depression. So I side stepped for awhile trying to deal with that & what I thought was ms fatigue, still don’t know.

Questions:

What generic are you on?

Is it easy to dry cut?

Do you have depression as a withdrawal symptom?

I’m concerned about being able to dry cut solco so seeking others who have.

What is oxycarbamazadine?ssp?in your signiture? Is it  a taper aid? Is it habit forming?

Much thanks