Help switching to all liquid (Builder?)

[In...]

I am finally down to 15mg of Valium.  I was wondering if someone could help me with switching to all liquid or cutting my 5mg pills in half and doing half and half.  I presently dose 3x a day at 5mg a day.  I was using a lot of water when I tapered down my last 5mg in liquid.  But, it’s too hard to carry around that munch. I would like to start at 5% a month.  And, wonder if I need to hold for 2-3weeks to get used to the all liquid method. Thanks.  I know Builder is FULL of amazing knowledge. I will say I used PG to dissolve my pill when I was doing my last pill as all liquid.

I am finally down to 15mg of Valium.  I was wondering if someone could help me with switching to all liquid or cutting my 5mg pills in half and doing half and half.  I presently dose 3x a day at 5mg a day.  I was using a lot of water when I tapered down my last 5mg in liquid.  But, it’s too hard to carry around that munch. I would like to start at 5% a month.  And, wonder if I need to hold for 2-3weeks to get used to the all liquid method. Thanks.  I know Builder is FULL of amazing knowledge. I will say I used PG to dissolve my pill when I was doing my last pill as all liquid.

To do all liquid:

Combine 150mgs + 300ml PG + 1200ml water.  That's a 10-12 day supply, .1mg=1ml

15mg X 5% = .75mg

.75mg/30 days = .025mg/day reduction

Your schedule would be...

15mg                    150ml

14.975mg              149.75ml

14.95mg                149.5ml

14.925mg              149.25ml

etc...

Lower your dose by .25ml (.025mg) each day

To divide into 3 daily doses, extract the full day's dose and put it in a measuring cup and top up/dilute with water to 1 full cup.  Take 1/3 cup for each dose.

Personally, at your dose, I would do a combo of tablets + liquid.  I would start with 10mg with tablets, and the balance with liquid.

Combine 50mgs + 100ml PG + 400ml water.  This is a 10-12 day supply for the liquid-only portion of your dose

10mg tablets                            5mg (50ml) liquid

10mg tablets                            4.75mg (47.5ml) liquid

10mg tablets                            4.5mg (45ml) liquid

10mg tablets                            4.25mg 42.5ml) liquid

etc...

Reduce the liquid portion of your dose by .25ml (.025mg) each day.

This is the same med, from the same tablets, you have been taking...no change there.  So no, you do not need to "get used to it".

But if it makes you feel more confident, then it won't hurt.

To do all liquid:

15mg X 5% = .75mg

etc...

To divide into 3 daily doses, extract the full day's dose and put it in a measuring cup and top up/dilute with water to 1 full cup.  Take 1/3 cup for each dose.

Personally, at your dose, I would do a combo of tablets + liquid.  I would start with 10mg with tablets, and the balance with liquid.

Combine 50mgs + 100ml PG + 400ml water.  This is a 10-12 day supply for the liquid-only portion of your dose

etc...

This is the same med, from the same tablets, you have been taking...no change there.  So no, you do not need to "get used to it".

So, how would I divide the tablets into 3 doses?  Or, just take two tablet doses and one liquid dose?  I would assume the two tablets would. He morning and evening and the liquid in the day.  Or simply go to two doses?  I’ve always taken 3 doses because I rapidly metabolize Valium.  I’ve never tried dosing twice.  I might be okay.

To do all liquid:

15mg X 5% = .75mg

etc...

etc...

Or, would I take 3 doses, just eventually cutting out the liquid dose?  Sorry for the questions.  I’ve been on high anxiety alert for 2 weeks.  Thanks.

Or, would I take 3 doses, just eventually cutting out the liquid dose?  Sorry for the questions.  I’ve been on high anxiety alert for 2 weeks.  Thanks.

That's what I would do.

And you could rotate the tablet/liquid doses, if you think it necessary.  (I don't)

That's what I would do.

And you could rotate the tablet/liquid doses, if you think it necessary.  (I don't)

:smitten:

Thanks!

That's what I would do.

:smitten:

Thanks!

Actually, over the longer run, you will be cutting out the tablet dose(s).

You will take 5mg + 5mg + liquid until you get down to 10mg.

Then  you will take 5mg + liquid until you get down to 5mg.

Then you will take all liquid down to zero (or jump dose)

To do all liquid:

15mg X 5% = .75mg

etc...

etc...

If I reduced my daily dose by .025ml a day, wouldn’t it go

10mg pills 50ml liquid

10mg pills 49.975ml liquid

10mg pills 49ml liquid??

In your math it seems to be going down by .25ml a day. Not .25mg

Corrected:

10mg tablets                            4.975mg (49.75ml) liquid

10mg tablets                            4.95mg (49.5ml) liquid

10mg tablets                            4.925mg 49.25ml) liquid

etc...

Corrected:

10mg tablets                            4.975mg (49.75ml) liquid

10mg tablets                            4.95mg (49.5ml) liquid

10mg tablets                            4.925mg 49.25ml) liquid

etc...

Thank you.  I was double checking before I take my afternoon dose, thank you!  You truly help a lot of us who struggle.