Author Topic: Top five things to do to get rid of your anxiety  (Read 1544 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Top five things to do to get rid of your anxiety
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 01:02:47 am »
Thanks [...]...I read Sharon Weschler and her amazing long journey.  She used Annie Hopper's DNRS.  Am trying to choose between Hoppers and Guptas.  I agree that in acute, I couldn't begin to focus or even care.  It was a survival mode for 3 months.  Learning to play and read music is the super cross training for the brain.  I don't know if I could pull this off.  I was thinking about getting a key board before the benzo rage.  Can't imaging reading music with the state of my brain.  Your story is inspiring.  Thanks again.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2019, 01:31:22 am »
I agree with [...]...what [...] said is on every anxiety site. Every therapist words to you. It's general knowledge. It is not that simple and in the height of it. You cannot get your mind and body in sync. Though your words [...] are true, but " hard to do " it can be impossible and not everyone has reached that state. It is not that simple for someone who is in the beginnings of either w/d or anxiety. I hate the use the term " baby steps ", but it is so true. I am unfortunately a veteran of the anxiety disorder. I can do those things, but there are times where you can force yourself to do those things, but they are impossible. Yes you get your butt kicked and you have to get back up.

You made it sound a little too simple. It is good advice for those who have realized what the problem is and are tired of being sick and tired, but a lot of people are not there yet and I see those same words on every site, but a new comer to the disorder cannot put the mind to the body.

No disrespect brother, but I really believe ore clarification was needed.
Remembering how I was in the first months of it. It is a hurricane, tornando, typhoon of emotional and physical category 5.

Peace, Love and happiness
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 12:18:13 am »
The top 5 things that help my anxiety:

1. Exercise is the biggest! Yoga and kundalini yoga have been huge for me with the anxiety, or sometimes Iíll do cardio when the anxiety is extreme.

2. Guided meditations - I use the Calm app which has a few specific to anxiety

3. Deep cleaning - idk call me crazy but I find cleaning and decluttering very cathartic. I channel all that nervous energy into something productive, it physically exhausts me and keeps my mind occupied

4. Bubble bath with Epsom salts, light candles and play play a good audiobook or podcast to distract my mind

5. Journaling - getting whatís in my head out on paper sometimes helps. In extreme distress it can admittedly be hard to do, but I find it helpful.

My doctor recommend trying a weighted blanket, so I may look into that as well.

Sending positive thoughts and energy your way!

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2019, 10:26:16 pm »
Thanks for your  comments ?

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2019, 04:15:25 pm »
This is an important useful thread.  People have unique creative ways to get through the acute period and beyond.  For those of you early and suffering from dp/dr, without much thought, I removed all pictures of people and other visuals that bothered me.  I don't know why they bothered me because they were pictures of people and things I loved...but I couldn't connect.  I strategically placed pictures I had taken of nature and other beautiful outdoor scenes around my home.  I put them in the bathroom so I was staring at a desert scene.  I put Mnt scenes of wildflowers at my desk and many in the bedroom.  They had a calming effect when I would stare at them.  Strange, I know.  But it worked for me.  A small thing is a BIG thing in acute.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2019, 04:19:27 pm »
Exercise, yoga, meditation, tulsi, and the occasional St. John's Wort. The tulsi calms the cortisol, and the St. John's the occasional anxiety attack.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2019, 04:13:52 pm »
Iíve used all sorts of things: meditation, reading, audiobooks, mantras, weighted blankets, exercise, music, movies/series, chores, etc. nearly anything to change my train of thought or distract.  Iíve also used supplements that are considered taboo by some here, but they worked for me.