Author Topic: Top five things to do to get rid of your anxiety  (Read 1685 times)

[Buddie]

Top five things to do to get rid of your anxiety
« on: March 28, 2019, 01:02:55 pm »
 Are the top five things to do to get rid of your anxiety ?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Top five things to do to get rid of your anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 01:41:33 pm »
Distractions of all kind, stay in the present, don't worry for the future (hard to do though), don't regret the things that happened in the past....I think these are extremelly important when we go through the w/d or post w/d process...pushing the worries down the road is what we have to do now.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 02:05:28 pm »
Im no expert, But I also found having a "go to" thought or memory/place to be a help.. Esp if I could get to it quick enough...

:)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 05:11:38 pm »
Physical exercise.  I've dumped a ton of anxiety just by doing two sets of push-ups.  Also, you have to learn to just "sit" with your anxiety.  Don't judge it, don't fear it, just "be" with it.  That takes some of its power away.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 12:03:12 am »
Physical exercise.  I've dumped a ton of anxiety just by doing two sets of push-ups.  Also, you have to learn to just "sit" with your anxiety.  Don't judge it, don't fear it, just "be" with it.  That takes some of its power away.

WORD! imadavea
I get on my bike and ride. Some days I can only do 25 miles but most days I do 36 miles. I fight anxiety with getting my heart rate up.
My bike is my only vehicle...(if you were questioning how I do that daily).

I also agree to "sit with the anxiety" it might be uncomfortable but breathing deep and knowing the episode will last a few minutes.

Also, housework. My house has never been so clean and I am on game with the laundry...So Distraction is a good one too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 07:39:30 am »
slow deep belly breathing will help also  not fill you lungs breathing fill you diaphragm and belly breathing it will calm you down

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 01:16:36 pm »
Buddies thank you for Responding

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 07:57:45 pm »
Guided meditations for deep relaxation on YouTube have been very helpful to me.  I use them mostly after work when I can really let go of my day and let my body relax.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 07:31:36 pm »
Thanks for the comments?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 04:30:59 am »
Trying to live with it eventually takes my focus off.