How to DLMT with a Broken Brain?

[Li...]

I'm not doing great with my dry cut. On the plus side, I am pretty solid at .5/day Xanax down from 3 mg/day (and sometimes 4 - very rare).

First I looked at the help sheets at the top of this section, and the videos linked go to "no longer available." Seeing would really help, but I've not hit a live link showing how someone is doing this.

Then there are ml and mg. ML = liquid I think and MG = pill weight or strength. I have 1 mg, .5 mg, and .25. I think the .25 is a different brand, so I doubt I'll use those. I have around 100 of the .5 Xanax with the doctor telling me take three a day but only taking one (split morning/night). Refills are no problem.

I may need a mortar/pestal like to make guacamole to mash pills but I don't think so as I plan to use vodka. I promptly throw up milk, so that leaves the vodka. That's not a problem - alcohol.

Then there are syringes. I don't think you guys are shooting up this stuff (yes/no?), so I think that is to measure or mix. Don't get a vortex which I think is like a tornado and watch milk bubbles (no worry due to milk aversion).

Maybe squirt the mixture in a glass bottle to store and then draw it back in the syringe but at small amounts. And, this is where my brain fries. It needs to be low like 5% which I can do fine out of 100. After that - at the point of mass confusion.

I know there is a chart to plug in numbers, but don't do it more than thirty days in advance. Then, the base numbers are all new maybe? Rate varies due to person, but person is confused.

You take the small dose from . . . out of the jar with the syringe maybe. The ones with 100 marks are sold out so half way on a 50 line syringe? Or maybe you have little glass jars to drink from which were measured/sorted at some point.

Vodka mix does not need refrigeration - maybe.

You can mix up a week at a time perhaps and store it in some way. 

Am I close, because I am still confused as heck?

I can say that my new GP (seen him twice) says I will always need to be on Xanax with my age 57, and he wants me to add an antidepressant Trintellis. Trintellis was only approved in 2016 (so no long term studies). There is no generic, and I have been out of work for two years. I really do not want to try to shoulder the costs, more side effects of another drug. Also, I do want off Xanax. It took a year to find this GP, so I really need to stick with him. He told me I need to "trust my doctor." Uh huh. The plus side is that I will have plenty of Xanax for tapering.

Am I help-able? Thanks either way.

LA

1:2:8

Reading more and trying hard.

1 = 5 of the .5 Xanax

2 = 10 ml vodka

8 = 40 ml water

That's a 10 day at current level of taking .5 but that is .25 at 8 am and 8 pm?

Drink 10 ml of this per day? But split that in half for 5 ml am and then 5 ml pm.

Cut 5% the next 10 days which is 9.5 ml day with .5 left over?

I do the math over each 10 days or make the same but figure out the third week 9.5 - 5% = something?

Reading more and trying hard.

1 = 5 10 of the .5 Xanax  (that will give you 5mg)

2 = 10 ml vodka

8 = 40 ml water

That's a 10 day at current level of taking .5 but that is .25 at 8 am and 8 pm?

Drink 10 ml of this per day? But split that in half for 5 ml am and then 5 ml pm.

Cut 5% the next 10 days which is 9.5 ml day with .5 left over?

I do the math over each 10 days or make the same but figure out the third week 9.5 - 5% = something?

Thank you Builder.

Were those numbers right other than the Xanax blunder then (which could have been very bad)?

Basically I ignore the decimal on the mg (for the math) and then x 2 and x 8 by the 5?

I'm really sorry I am not getting this faster. I used to learn quick and easily. It has been very hard to deal with limitations at the moment, and I sure hope my mind returns to speed.

Thank you Builder.

Were those numbers right other than the Xanax blunder then (which could have been very bad)?

Basically I ignore the decimal on the mg (for the math) and then x 2 and x 8 by the 5?

The ratio is 1mg + 2ml solvent + 8ml water.

Think in terms of milligrams of benzo, not the number of tablets.  It takes 10 X .5mg  to total 5mgs.  Yes, moving the decimal one place to the right multiplies X10.

I assumed it was just a typo, but I had to correct it to validate you calculation.

Okay. Thank you so much. My issue was mixing tablets and mg. I think I was on track if I'd used the 1 mg tablets but will be using .5. The last few refills have been all over the map on mgs. Duh. I need to shift off size on the Xanax as they are all the same size but different mgs. I think I was on track mentally and drifted off there for a bit, because I can clearly see the five .5 x 5 would not be 1 on the 1-2-8.

I do think the liquid taper would be more likely to be successful esp with Xanax with a short internal body shelf life. I need to get the other items and live in a rural area so likely need to order items online.

Again, thanks for the help. I imagine it can be really annoying when people are missing simple and basic concepts on benzos.

Then there are ml and mg. ML = liquid I think and MG = pill weight or strength. I have 1 mg, .5 mg, and .25. I think the .25 is a different brand, so I doubt I'll use those. I have around 100 of the .5 Xanax with the doctor telling me take three a day but only taking one (split morning/night). Refills are no problem.

I can say that my new GP (seen him twice) says I will always need to be on Xanax with my age 57, and he wants me to add an antidepressant Trintellis. Trintellis was only approved in 2016 (so no long term studies). There is no generic, and I have been out of work for two years. I really do not want to try to shoulder the costs, more side effects of another drug. Also, I do want off Xanax. It took a year to find this GP, so I really need to stick with him. He told me I need to "trust my doctor." Uh huh. The plus side is that I will have plenty of Xanax for tapering.

LA

mL= milliliters. That is liquid. A milliliter and a cc (cubic centimeter) are the same thing.

mg = milligrams, a unit of mass. Your 0.5 mg xanax pills have 0.5 mg of xanax. Your pill itself weighs substantially more, like 60 mg to 150 mg. I've never weighed my 0.5 mg pills so I don't know how much they weigh.

I switched pharmacies recently so I'm getting a new brand of 0.5 mg xanax pills. They are sh*t so I started taking more. I was so close to finishing too. sigh.

Tell your doctor you don't want the new antidepressant because it costs too much. You can tell your doctor your fears about it. Don't let your doctor wave your fears away. Be firm.

You don't have to tell your doctor that you're tapering. But do not tell your doctor that your supply is building up because you've been taking less. They will be afraid that you might use the excess for nefarious purposes (selling, or other unmentionable reasons).

Thanks HopeToDoThis,

My dry cut was going fairly well until I asked for .25 pills and got round ones (another brand), then football shaped as usual at .25 but still seemed off and back to .5 which I had been using (but cutting in half). So, I totally understand the issue with the brand change.

I've only seen this new GP twice. I think the nurse thought I was selling when I asked to go back to .5 but fewer in the bottle. I tried to give her the almost full .25 bottle, but she got the doctor who was fine with that. I think he thinks I am anti meds, because he keeps asking if I'm taking them (office and phone) and says I should stay on them for life.

Do the amounts show in blood work by chance? I have to get labs done the 3rd week of April. I think it's mainly for blood sugar and cholesterol, but I wonder if it's possible to see if and how much Xanax I am actually taking. I hope not.

Your bloodwork will probably test for the usual bloodwork stuff. If they want to make sure that you're taking the xanax they would probably do a urine test. That's what my doctor was doing. I had to go in once a month to get the script renewed and do a drug (urine) test. My doctor finally stopped making me come in every month when I started complaining what an imposition it was.

I doubt the doc would make me do blood tests, mostly because I'm usually honest to a fault. When I gave him the .25 bottle of the brand that didn't work I also showed him my .5 bottle with mostly cut pills. I was digging in my purse, and he could see all the contents which is very benzo brain of me.

I appreciate you sharing that though, because I do not want to do .5 x 2 per day (when pretty well down to only .5 per day) which is what I said when he pushed taking them. Then he wrote .5 x 3 per day "so you won't run out." He wants me at the original .5 x 3/day for some reason.