Homemade Suspension Agent Taper IDEA- ok?

[ma...]

Thank you all for your support and experienced input.

I'm learning... soooo Please check if my Math & Plan is correct?  Am I on the right path here?

FORMULA:

150ml    (Total liquid + suspension Agent)

15mg Temazepam

= .1mg=1ml concentration as a “Suspension"

BIG PROBLEM:

50% would be 75mL and is way to MUCH Ora-Plus to drink in one day (Yuk), and costly too.  My understanding is that Temazepam is very slightly soluble in water, and sparingly soluble in alcohol, and visually doesn't make a good suspension in just water.

HOMEMADE SUSPENSION AGENT IDEA:

Homemade Chia Seed Water (strained).  I’ve been experimenting and found a proper ratio of organic black chia seeds -to- distilled water, and soak time, then just strained the Chia seeds out. 

I can clearly see the chia-seed-water suspends all the particles evenly for much longer after shaking. I could make a batch of Chia seed water and store in fridge.

Each day I'd make a new suspension with one 15mg capsule and 150ml pre-made chia seed water.  Is this crazy or brilliant?

DOSING - 10% of original dose per month as a "Daily" micro-taper, slower if nec..

Syringe out an extra .5mL per day & throw away, and drink the rest (may split the dose thru the day).

Is this DLMT  Math correct?

14.95mg  day 1  Syringe out .5mL and throw away. Drink the rest.

14.90mg  day 2  Syringe out  1.0 mL and throw away. Drink the rest.

14.85mg  day 3  Syringe out  1.5 mL and throw away. Drink the rest.

SPLITTING DOSE :

Is this OK with Temazepam?

Temazepam is a 8-22 hr half-life, so I may try to split the dose every 8 hrs to help with interdose withdrawal.  I am sleeping OK, and don't work, so I could spare part of the dose for daytime dose, when I feel much worse as the day goes on.

Is this a GOOD Taper plan to get started with?  :smitten::angel:

I know nothing of "...homemade chia seed water", but the only real requirement of a suspension agent is it must have enough viscosity to "suspend" drug particles.  If you have confirmed that to be true, then obviously it functions as a "suspension agent"

Thank you  Builder,

Based on your suggested .mg=1ml concentration, could you pls confirm all my math and ideas are good to go for my proposed DLMT plan?  I’m anxious to get started.

The Chia seed water  “suspends” the particles very well as I hold up jar against a bright light & may provide a better chance of accurate syringe dosing.  :angel:  Definitely, much better that just water.  :,

Thank you  Builder,

Based on your suggested .mg=1ml concentration, could you pls confirm all my math and ideas are good to go for my proposed DLMT plan?  I’m anxious to get started.

The Chia seed water  “suspends” the particles very well as I hold up jar against a bright light & may provide a better chance of accurate syringe dosing.  :angel:  Definitely, much better that just water.  :,

Why don't you just...

14.95mg  day 1  Syringe out 14.95ml and  drink it

14.90mg  day 2  Syringe out 14.90ml and drink it

14.85mg  day 3  Syringe out  14.85ml and drink it

???

Sorry, but the whole "pull and discard" thing is the silliest idea for dosing ANY medicine I have ever heard.  You would not take any other medicine that way.

Suppose your doc gave you a srip for a liquid med, and the instructions were:  "Take 10 tsp the first day, then reduce the dose by 1 tsp each day after that."

I think you would measure out and take 10 tsp on day, measure out and take 9 tsp on day 2, measure out and take 8 tsp on day 3, etc. 

Sorry,  now i’m completely confused.  I agree, but How do I create a formula for a suspension for

a .1mg = 1mL concentration for 15mg Temazepam so I can syringe and drink my dose — instead of throw away method?  my formula would not work with what you are proposing.

My formula below  is wrong? please post a correct formula.

15mg Temazepam

Sorry,  now i’m completely confused.  I agree, but How do I create a formula for a suspension for

a .1mg = 1mL concentration for 15mg Temazepam so I can syringe and drink my dose — instead of throw away method?  my formula would not work with what you are proposing.

My formula below  is wrong? please post a correct formula.

15mg Temazepam

You would need to make multiple-day batches, instead of a fresh batch each day.

Are you planning to prepare a fresh batch of chia water every day?  I thought it took several days just to soak/process the chia water?

I've re-checked and my Math and believe it to be correct.

I think it would be easier to make a fresh 1 day suspension each day.

Formula:  (for 1 day)

15mg Temazepam capsule

150ml    Total suspension liquid with (pre-made strained Chia Seed Water)

= .1mg=1ml Concentration as a “Suspension" 

day 1  Syringe out 149.5ml and drink it  = 14.95mg dose

day 2  Syringe out 149ml and drink it  =  14.9mg dose

day 3  Syringe out 148.5ml and drink it  =  14.85mg dose

day 4  Syringe out 148ml and drink it  =  14.8mg dose

and so on...

Day 1, I wouldn't want to make a mistake and syringe out and drink 14.95mL of my 150mL suspension because I would only be taking one-tenth of my correct dose.

Are we on same page now?  Does this all make sense?

If you choose to make a new batch each day, then your plan is really the only option, and should be OK.  I dislike "pull and discard" plans, but the unique characteristics of temazepam may require something different than we do with most other benzos.