I noticed on the main BB.org page for Withdrawal Methods, it doesn't have DLMT

[Ha...]

yeah, it just mentions the water tiltration?   

Titration Taper

Advantages: allows for a very smooth taper, even when tapering from a large dose pill and/or potent pills; does not require a sympathetic doctor.

Disadvantages: ties you down to the kitchen, as a fresh batch must be prepared each day, and refrigeration is required too; your doctor might be unsupportive if you explain that you are titrating your benzos; interdose withdrawal effects still might be a problem if you are taking a benzo with a short half-life; it is more complicated, and requires the purchase of some equipment.

That material is outdated and obsolete.  F0r one thing, we now know, as a matter of sound science, that most benzos are NOT  readily water-soluble.

And as a historical fact, the site owner and the admins, at least historically, have taken the position that daily tapering is unnecessary and overkill.

If you care to do the research, there was a lot of discourse, much of it heated, between Colin and Jana Hill (founder and owner of the defunct Benzo Detox Recover website.)

And as a historical fact, the site owner and the admins, at least historically, have taken the position that daily tapering is unnecessary and overkill.

You mean daily deductions overkill? It was the only method that worked for me. Ashton's method of 10% deductions was way too much for me to handle.

A water taper with daily deduction is what worked for me.

I thought the advocated Vodka method was , kind of a daily reduction, making a 10 day supply etc, with small daily cuts?  as for the history of page I had no idea,  how long had the page been around??

I thought the advocated Vodka method was , kind of a daily reduction, making a 10 day supply etc, with small daily cuts?  as for the history of page I had no idea,  how long had the page been around??

The material you referenced has been there longer than I have have been here (2010)

And it at least goes back to Jana Hill/BDR's time, which was before I got here.

Liquid taper/daily taper was NOT really a supported withdrawal protocol on BB.  Basically, the supported procedures were variations of Ashton.

BBs reluctance to adopt a supportive stand on liquid and daily tapers were one of the underlying factors in Jana Hill starting BDR.

[5e...]

Just to clarify, Jana did not own, start or close BDR.  It was owned by a doctor and they chose to close it. It started as an opioid forum.

Also, she left BB many years ago because the owner of this site didn't support the biology aspects of tapering. The whole inducer and inhibitor factor, CYP 450 enzyme, etc..

She is quite horrified by what she sees or is told about the pilfering of all her hard work.

Just to clarify, Jana did not own, start or close BDR.  It was owned by a doctor and they chose to close it. It started as an opioid forum.

Also, she left BB many years ago because the owner of this site didn't support the biology aspects of tapering. The whole inducer and inhibitor factor, CYP 450 enzyme, etc..

She is quite horrified by what she sees or is told about the pilfering of all her hard work.

For new comers, do we need to know what BDR means? What the whole inducer and inhibitor factor, CYP 450 enzyme, etc... means to us?  thanks in advance for clarifying.

[5e...]
For new comers, do we need to know what BDR means? What the whole inducer and inhibitor factor, CYP 450 enzyme, etc... means to us?  thanks in advance for clarifying.

BDR means nothing now, it was a forum.

Regarding inducers and inhibitors, anyone should, IMO, understand how foods, other medications, supplements, environmental factors, etc.... can effect any type of medication they are on and how it is metabolized. In this case, we are tapering benzodiazepines. We should aim to keep the levels as even as we can while reducing our doses, to avoid additional symptoms and/or discomfort. Inhibitors will increase the level of a benzo, inducers will lower the level of the benzo. One should, IMO, know what CYP enzyme is used to metabolize their benzo and what inhibitors and inducers can cause issues.

Link in my signature that can help explain:

https://www.intechopen.com/books/drug-discovery/fruit-vegetable-drug-interactions-effects-on-drug-metabolizing-enzymes-and-drug-transporters

And another one:

http://austinpublishinggroup.com/psychiatry-behavioral-sciences/download.php?file=fulltext/ajpbs-v3-id1054.pdf

Everyone should do their due diligence and research this for their own knowledge, which can ease their taper, IMO.

You asked in your other post if splitting doses is helpful, YES. The aim is to maintain as even as a level of benzo's to limit inter-dose withdrawal and to help your taper be less symptomatic. People think stacking their doses at one time of day is beneficial. I would say, it is counter effective. If someone takes all their dose at night, for sleep, but during the day the are experiencing inter-dose withdrawal, how is that helpful? It isn't. And, I would even suggest, that by taking evenly divided doses throughout the day, will actually improve ones sleep to an extent, as this is countering the effects that are caused by stacking doses.

While everyone is different, and some people say they can dose once a day with no ill effect, if another is stating they are having issues with symptoms, then by all means, even out ones doses.