help with math with clonazepam brand change..Builder or anyone

[de...]

Good morning,

I have to do my pills for 28 days tomorrow and this is the first script of actavis brand k i have gotten have been on teva over 30 yrs. I am terrified on how to weigh and switch the brand...

I take a whole tab in the morning  .123gms in the afternoon and a whole tab at night..

I weighed the new actavis brand and it seems they weigh the same .169 and my tevas were .170 gms. 1mg tabs So i am wondering would i just weigh that noon dose the same since the weight is basically the same. I have enough put back of teva from my doc continuing to write my script for the same amount for a yr, so i want to do a slow cross over,

Do you have any suggestions how much i should take off and add of the actavis since i see so many having awful problems with the switch...and do you think i should not try and go down at all until i am done?

I had been on hold at .132gms for over 1.5 yrs but decided to start to at least take .001gms off when i redid my meds but at that rate and i do them for 28 days i will never get off..its the only med i take. so any help with how much would be a good drop i couldnt do 10 percent before i did like 4 percent a month when i was tapering before i got so sick. I was micro tapering and taking off like .001gms every 3 or 4 days alternating doses.

I am now back to 100 percent and just want to go slow and not sure to go down and do the brand change would be a good idea.. any and all help with the math and the suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

and could you tell me where i am in mgs with the 2 whole 1mg tabs and the .123gms at lunch time..

thank you

I would assume the weight being the same you are good to go at the same reductions as Teva.  When they changed brands on me from teva to activis I noticed no diffrence at all in the brand if that helps.

Thanks Craigs..i was hoping that..but now i just have to decide how fast to switch over with the weight of the afternoon dose that i was going to switch out first.

i have to figure out if i want to trade like 1/6th of the pill how much weight that would be..and then take that from the teva weight and then replace it with the actavis brand..and i sure dont want to mess this up...

thanks again :)

it is a real pain but its better than when i was dosing 4 times a day..i dosed 2 times a day until i got lower in my taper and then started to add more doses.

And i have been on hold for 1.5 yrs about due to getting really sick from it and ending up in a wheelchair so i updosed twice and pulled out..i would say i am 100 percent again..and ready to bite the bullet if i could just get some math help..use to you could post this and someone would help you in a few hrs..so now i wait..at least i did more days of just the teva brand until someone can help me figure this out,

i will try to taper again after i get this brand change done and i know i am good to go again.

how are you holding up?

• 2 weeks later...

it is a real pain but its better than when i was dosing 4 times a day..i dosed 2 times a day until i got lower in my taper and then started to add more doses.

And i have been on hold for 1.5 yrs about due to getting really sick from it and ending up in a wheelchair so i updosed twice and pulled out..i would say i am 100 percent again..and ready to bite the bullet if i could just get some math help..use to you could post this and someone would help you in a few hrs..so now i wait..at least i did more days of just the teva brand until someone can help me figure this out,

i will try to taper again after i get this brand change done and i know i am good to go again.

how are you holding up?

Hi, sorry, off topic. Hate to impose. If you want to answer me in the teva discontinuation group, that would be fine. Are you doing scale taper?

I ask because, when teva was discontinued, I ended up on solco, rather than actavis. I went into bad depression, went to go try & deal with that plus other health issues & have just been holding. I’m still holding as doc gave me Xanax script, as it really calmed my depression, but I always intended to come back to klonopin for taper. I crossed right back fro Xanax to klonopin & believe I’m now in Xanax withdrawal, causing severe depression. So CNS very delicate from many med changes. Holding.

My point is. I’m on 4mg per day & the solco crumble when try to dry cut, which I’m hoping I could start out my taper with dry cuts, no scales, but can’t with solco.

Do you have thoughts on weather it’s worth more time, another CNS upset, possibly not adapting to actavis, etc to try & do another crossover, in order to be able to dry cut the beginning of my taper?

I’m adapted to solco now.

Suggestions for tapering this 4mg 4 doses per day solco clonazapam, if I can’t dry cut?

Would just really appreciate any input. Don’t know if could take another crossover.

Thanks, healing thoughts, Scaredie

Suggestions for tapering this 4mg 4 doses per day solco clonazapam, if I can’t dry cut?

Thanks builder. Nice to see you. I’m holding right now, but trying to Somewhat plan ahead. Would love to be able to quarter some pills in the beginning, but like I said, that would require crossover to probably actavis. So that’s where my indecisiveness comes from wanting option to at least start as dry cut.

Also, my doc won’t write compounded liquid & 4mg is a very high dose to start liquid from. I didn’t seem to tolerate the last compounded liquid, so that worries me, also wouldn’t want to use liquor. So I think that leaves milk?

Do you know if milk would be cumbersome to liquid taper with? I’d probably just start with one dose of the 4 per day. Much thanks

No dose is "too high" to start a liquid taper.

A DLMT is the easiest, most tolerable way to taper off of benzos, regardless of your dose.

If I had known about DLMT from the start, I would have saved myself from a lot of misery doing a cut& suffer taper.

Ok thanks. Can I hit you up for help, when I’m ready? To try with milk? What if one wants to hold during dlmt? Can you help with that too?

Thank you

Ok thanks. Can I hit you up for help, when I’m ready? To try with milk? What if one wants to hold during dlmt? Can you help with that too?

Thank you

If you need to do a hold with a DLMT, your body will tell you, and you just do it.  No big deal.

A DLMT should be a symptom based taper, the same as any other method.

Well since I have no idea of how much etc nor anything about making own liquid, I wouldn’t really know. I’m pretty sure it has to stay refrigerated, right? I’m trying to avoid alcohol. TY

Well since I have no idea of how much etc nor anything about making own liquid, I wouldn’t really know. I’m pretty sure it has to stay refrigerated, right? I’m trying to avoid alcohol. TY

PG or alcohol solutions do NOT need refrigeration.  They are actually best stored at room temp.

PG or alcohol solutions do NOT need refrigeration.  They are actually best stored at room temp.

TY

In your opinion does either pg or alcohol work better or more easily for those making own liquid? Is either one more cost effective or more effective in anyway?

TY

In your opinion does either pg or alcohol work better or more easily for those making own liquid? Is either one more cost effective or more effective in anyway?

They both perform equally as a solvent.  And they are both about $8 for a pint. 

And based on the numbers I gave you above, a pint would be enough for 3 months at all liquid, or about 6 months, tablet + liquid.  So I can't believe that "cost" matters at all.

In most areas, finding a pint of vodka is easier than a pint of PG,  but  Amazon will send you pint in a day or 2, if you can't get it at the local pharmacy.

TY

And based on the numbers I gave you above, a pint would be enough for 3 months at all liquid, or about 6 months, tablet + liquid.  So I can't believe that "cost" matters at all.

In most areas, finding a pint of vodka is easier than a pint of PG,  but  Amazon will send you pint in a day or 2, if you can't get it at the local pharmacy.

Much thanks, builder. Isn’t pg supposed to be bad for you? We know alcohol is. What about shelf life once mixed with pill, consistency & taste/palatability of the pg? Does one taste the vodka?

TY

Much thanks, builder. Isn’t pg supposed to be bad for you? We know alcohol is. What about shelf life once mixed with pill, consistency & taste/palatability of the pg? Does one taste the vodka?

You know, I find it incredible that someone who is taking a huge dose a powerful drug, that is causiing damage and difficulty each day your on, is actually worried about a few mgs of vodka, ot PG. 

Or is worried about $8 for a 3-6 month supply of solvent.  Or my favorite, what it tastes like!  ::)

Of course, you and I have been over all of this before.  I spent about 2 weeks answering all your questions shortly after you got here.  Then you found other BBs, and asked them the same questions (and usually got the same answers)

You asked me a few post back "Can I hit you up for help, when I’m ready?"  Absolutely!!

When your ready, I'll give you all the help you need!

TY

You know, I find it incredible that someone who is taking a huge dose a powerful drug, that is causiing damage and difficulty each day your on, is actually worried about a few mgs of vodka, ot PG. 

Or is worried about $8 for a 3-6 month supply of solvent.  Or my favorite, what it tastes like!  ::)

Of course, you and I have been over all of this before.  I spent about 2 weeks answering all your questions shortly after you got here.  Then you found other BBs, and asked them the same questions (and usually got the same answers)

You asked me a few post back "Can I hit you up for help, when I’m ready?"  Absolutely!!

When your ready, I'll give you all the help you need!

Ok.