random insomnia again

[ju...]

i have been going to be between 8 and 9 am for months now have been sleeping pretty well other then waking up often but i am always able to go back to sleep but last night i tryed to go to bed about 9 30 am i was tired but i tossed and turned until 430pm i was very bent out of shape but this time but end up falling asleep only to wake up around 930 pm  it was a broken 5 hours at best  i do not understand why this happens every so often i am not tapering  i am still on 1.625mg daily of ativan  i just do not get it one bit.  it was like my frontal lobe would not shut off  i am  out of it today with high anxiety that it will happen again when i try and sleep in the morning does this happen to anyone else i need advice

i have been going to be between 8 and 9 am for months now have been sleeping pretty well other then waking up often but i am always able to go back to sleep but last night i tryed to go to bed about 9 30 am i was tired but i tossed and turned until 430pm i was very bent out of shape but this time but end up falling asleep only to wake up around 930 pm  it was a broken 5 hours at best  i do not understand why this happens every so often i am not tapering  i am still on 1.625mg daily of ativan  i just do not get it one bit.  it was like my frontal lobe would not shut off  i am  out of it today with high anxiety that it will happen again when i try and sleep in the morning does this happen to anyone else i need advice

Yes... it happens to me but personally I have come to realize that i don't think the Benzos are totally to blame. I truly believe that it is a combination of things... like our diet, our thinking, our sleep habits, stress, anxiety, the temp of the room, etc, etc.  I was reading something the other night from a person on here that had finished her taper and something she said really helped me a lot. She said when she learned that she had a lot of expectations regarding sleep quality she was setting herself up for a lot of disappointment.  She worked on changing her thought pattern, got rid of the expectation that she would get 7-8 hours of sleep while living her life on whatever sleep she got. I was really helped by that post and since then I have felt a lot less anxious when I don't get enough sleep. It is difficult cause like you... when I only get a couple hours it's hard to function but it seems like since I've accepted whatever sleep I'm blessed to get... whether 2,4 or 8 hours I have been better AND I have been sleeping better. One other thing that I have noticed is... if I'm not drinking enough water... if I'm not hydrated... I don't sleep well. Water, nutrition and working out are the most important things for our recovering bodies.  I wish this was easy but we have to work our way out of this mess that we have put ourselves into with the mindset of... whatever happens we just need to live life the best way we can.  I feel for you... been there but I believe we will eventually get better.  This advice is for me too... love yourself, nourish your body, hydrate.... and I believe we will heal someday.  :smitten:

thank you for the reply i will keep that in mind and see if it helps i do keep my self very well hydrated since i had  a kidney stone last may i drink 2.5 to 3 liters of water everyday  work out when im up to it and i eat pretty healthy

Here we go again sleep about 6 broken hours yesterday was exhausted today and i CANT FALL ASLEEP  ive been trying to sleep since 900am. Its now 112pm. Im paranoid and  terrified at the same time about my health i get this way when i don't sleep wil or have insomnia because of my pretty bad agoraphobia i need support very badly i have non at home no one to talk to every day i feeling like im slowly dieing inside and no body listen to me

Good morning Jumpman,

I feel like I wrote your post .... I live like that every day for the last 10 months.

I wish i could figure it out... so lonely.

lisa

I feel for you jumpman. I have been having some serious sleep issues myself lately. Last night, it was only 4 hours but broken up into two pieces.  >:( 10PM-12AM  and about 4AM - 6AM.

thanks for the replies Ive been sleeping 6 to 7 hours of broken sleep i was so exhausted i slept  through my alarm for a dosage by a half an hour  i just done get it i was going to bed between 8am n 9am for months now my brain decides im not going to bed till between 12pm to 130pm  i am coping ok today so far besides the burning skin sensation n  headache