anxiety hurts

[Ma...]

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, I used to describe the withdrawal anxiety as an caustic/itching/electric gnawing heavy tooth pain in my whole body, can you relate?

also in the acute phase I felt like burning acid/menthol inside.

How long have you been off benzos?

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, I used to describe the withdrawal anxiety as an caustic/itching/electric gnawing heavy tooth pain in my whole body, can you relate?

I can relate too. It feels like my brain and neck are electrified and painfully tingles. I'm 4,5 month off and this is really really painful and disturbing. Still in acute phase...  :-[

Camela, how long did it last for you?

I can relate too. It feels like my brain and neck are electrified and painfully tingles. I'm 4,5 month off and this is really really painful and disturbing. Still in acute phase...  :-[

I'm sorry you're going trough this, I can relate to the brain and neck sensations as well.

I was on 2-3mg Xanax daily for about 7 years, I had to do a very rapid taper due to suddenly paradoxical reactions/acute tolerance wd (Jumped at 1.5mg, so almost CT), so this intense "chemical wd anxiety" lasted very long for me, I think it started to lift around 1 year, my anxiety is still amped up,  but it's definitely not so bad as it was. Its not that chemical feeling.

I think I had this for so long due to CT.

Keep strong!

I think my constant stomach cramping, burning, vision problems, head pain and pressure are from anxiety. These symptoms have persisted for a very long time, 2.5 years. To my disappointment I have not healed yet.

I'm sorry you're going trough this, I can relate to the brain and neck sensations as well.

I was on 2-3mg Xanax daily for about 7 years, I had to do a very rapid taper due to suddenly paradoxical reactions/acute tolerance wd (Jumped at 1.5mg, so almost CT), so this intense "chemical wd anxiety" lasted very long for me, I think it started to lift around 1 year, my anxiety is still amped up,  but it's definitely not so bad as it was. Its not that chemical feeling.

I think I had this for so long due to CT.

Keep strong!

Thank you for your reply and encouragement.

I think my constant stomach cramping, burning, vision problems, head pain and pressure are from anxiety. These symptoms have persisted for a very long time, 2.5 years. To my disappointment I have not healed yet.

Same here. 33 months out still severe headpain, neck pain, body pain. Vision, thyroid, hormon problem. Feels like acute, not functioning

• 2 weeks later...
[68...]

for me the big physical sensation of anxiety is pressure, immense pressure in my chest, head, neck sometimes, kinda like a burning anxiousness.

this is weird but i also kinda feel like im bending from the inside, like sometimes my head feels pressed down or im folding inward, sorta.

When my anxiety ramps up my BP skyrockets, i have pain in my arms, tingling in my fingers, deep ache in my hand, sour stomach, neck aches, headaches.

Theres some physical to it. I feel like a coil is wound tighter and tighter and on really bad days it feels like its about to snap constantly and when it snaps something terrible will happen. Thats when i get the "sense of impending doom" symptom.