Has anybodies memory got worse after c/o to valium?

[jo...]

My short term memory was bad on ativan, but now that I have c/o to valium it seems worse.  I am in the middle of my 2nd week of stabilization on valium and haven't had ativan for 12 days.  I still dose three times a day as I did while on ativan, so that hasn't changed.  I want to go to two time a day before i start my taper from Valium, but I am not sure how long to stabilize before trying to go to twice daily dosing?

Has anybody had a similar experience during a c/o?

[cc...]
I see a couple of possibilities here.  First, crossover equivalencies can be a little variable from person to person since individual drug interactions vary.  You may be crossing over to somewhat more valium than you need.  Also - I recall some people have shared that they felt that valium made them feel more sedated/spacier than their previous benzo.  Again, it depends on the person.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently crossed over to valium from xanax and I am a space cadet.  I can't remember anything.  I'm hoping it gets better over time because I have a long way to go before I'm done.  Sorry I don't have any real words of wisdom just wanted you to know I'm right there with you!