titration for .375 mg klonopin please

[Ho...]

Hi,

I think I am ready to start titration. I take .25mg klonopin am and .125 mg pm. I would like to use the simple method(spoon  and measuring cup). I would like to start on monday Aug.2nd. I have .5mg klonopin pills.I think a slow taper(maybe 1%) a day would be best for  me.

Thanks,

Holly

hi Holly,

i'm not an expert on titration although i did do it with my husband's help.  He used a 100ml cylinder and a syringe used for child medicine doses (can get for free at the pharmacy) to make reductions.

you should definitely have the mods/staff here check what i recommend.  I think the measuring cup could work; but i don't think a spoon will be accurate enough.  I would go with a children's medicine syringe and use it to take out a very small amount from the measuring cup.

i hope this helps.  I know others will be by to see you soon.

hang in there and welcome..we're here to support you.

love, truck

Hi,

I think I am ready to start titration. I take .25mg klonopin am and .125 mg pm. I would like to use the simple method(spoon  and measuring cup). I would like to start on monday Aug.2nd. I have .5mg klonopin pills.I think a slow taper(maybe 1%) a day would be best for  me.

Thanks,

Holly

Ok here it is, Holly.

Crush and mix your 0.5mg pill with 8oz of liquid. Blend it thoroughly and immediately remove 2oz. You can do this with a quarter cup measuring cup, 4 tablespoons, or a 60mls(with a syringe that has ml markings). Your choice. They all equal 2oz.

What remains is equivalent to your daily dose, 0.375mg/6oz. Drink 4oz (0.25mg) in the morning, and drink the rest (2oz, 0.125mg) in the evening. This is your current dosing schedule. Now,when you are ready to begin your taper, you will make up this same mixture and remove the same amount. So each day you will begin with this 0.375mg/6oz mixture.

Week 1: make your mixture, but each day, remove an additional 1/2oz (or 1 tablespoon or 15mls). Do this for a week. Each day, your dose will be aprox. 0.35mg.

Week 2: Make your original mixture, but each day, remove an additional 1oz (or 2 tablespoons or 30mls). This dose is aprox 0.3mg. Do everyday for a week.

Week 3: Make your original mixture, but each day, remove an additional 1.5oz (or 3 tablespoons or 45mls). Do everyday for a week.

Keep going like this, removing an additional 1/2oz from your original 6oz mixture every week. It will take 12 weeks. This is quite a slow taper. You can easily speed it up if you are cruising along and would like to. Let us know.

As for splitting your dose up twice a day, you can do this however you want. If you want to keep close to what you are doing now, just drink 2/3rds of the mix in the morning and 1/3rd at night. It doesn't have to be exact.

Using a jar to mix and blend your mixture is helpful.

Keep a notebook to keep track of your cuts.  

Please let us know if this makes sense. I know it can sound complicated, but once in the routine, it's a piece a cake.

Ask any questions!      

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the time and caring to write me a plan.:)

You're welcome. Let us know how it goes!