1st day at twice daily dosing Valium after c/o, NOT GOOD! Anyone else?

[jo...]

I tried dosing 2 x day today after 10 days of c/o to 15 mg Valium, and it was not a good day.  I had been dosing 5 mg 3 x day the last 10 days, but today I tried 7.5 mg 2 x day (12 hours apart).  I felt heightened anxiety and agitation between the 2 doses, which I never felt when dosing three times a day.

Is it possible I did not give my body long enough time to adjust to the Valium?  Most people say to give yourself at least 3 weeks to adjust after a c/o.

I am going back to 3 x daily tomorrow for another week and then try again.  I wanted to get to twice daily before I began my taper, but maybe I am one of the few that will have to dose Valium 3 x daily.

Anyone out there have a similar experience?

I know that a lot of you have told me that you did not have any problems at all going to 2 x daily dosing.

It has two metabolites. One is short acting and in 12 hour gap you would be uncomfortable.

I have always been 7 am 12 md 6pm and bedtime.ie 4x but you were ok on 3 x...

If you are then tapering at ten percent you could make the midday dose 3.75 for two weeks when ready.

Someone may have better ideas but I have found that if I miss a dose I get jolly tense.

EG Maugham1 was fine on twice daily. Probably dependy on your liver efficiency as well-just a thought.

Best wishes

Dick

• 3 weeks later...
I am in a similar situation. I take valium three times per day. I started at 15 mg for my taper, 5 morning 5 midday 5 evening. I have since tapered down do 3.75 in the morning, 1.0 in the afternoon, and 5 in the evening. I am trying to decided if I should cut out the midday dose next, or even out the morning and midday dose. Going twelve hours from morning to evening might be difficult, but I see a lot of taper schedules that do it that way.

Hi Tom

Looks like you are doing really well. I would stick to the three times a day for a while. Dropping a bit from the evening should not ruin your sleep. Let’s face it, there is a psychological expectancy occasionally whilst we wait for a dose. But -If I am busy I often forget the midday dose. - though I am on other stuff which perhaps muddies the waters.

Wishing you success. Just think—-every day your own gaba system is healing.!!!

Dick

I switched from 3 doses per day to 2 about 3 weeks after having crossed over to Valium from Klonopin. Absolutely no issues for me. I think it may just be psychological for you. I would be patient for a few more days and everything is going to be fine.