I am back after years on phenazepam

[Gr...]

Hello!

I am 36 years old male from Ukraine. I am software developer.

I was on phenazepam for 8 years. Last 3 years I was on 2mg/day.

I did fast taper (1 month long) under my psychiatrist's supervision.

And now I am 16 days benzo free!!!

And I can and could work during withdrawal, feel joy from life and even socialize (not all the time, but I can work and at the same time can pass interviews because I need new job now)!!!

I feel worse at morning, symptoms: anxiety, muscle convulsions on my body (mostly on heads and feet), nausea,

photo/sound-phobia, high blood pressure, agitation and some other symptoms.

As I said, these symptoms are more profound in morning, at night I feel almost "normal" often.

But I also have positive symptoms: I can FEEL now, I can love and hate now!

I understand that under benzos my emotions and feelings were almost non-existing.

I am totally different person. Sometimes I find my withdrawal very euphoric and stimulating.

I have better sex now.

I feel much stronger now and now I feel that I can do sooo much!!

I never thought that benzos changed me so dramatically.

Don't use benzos!

Love the life!!!

Hello!

I am 36 years old male from Ukraine. I am software developer.

I was on phenazepam for 8 years. Last 3 years I was on 2mg/day.

I did fast taper (1 month long) under my psychiatrist's supervision.

And now I am 16 days benzo free!!!

And I can and could work during withdrawal, feel joy from life and even socialize (not all the time, but I can work and at the same time can pass interviews because I need new job now)!!!

I feel worse at morning, symptoms: anxiety, muscle convulsions on my body (mostly on heads and feet), nausea,

photo/sound-phobia, high blood pressure, agitation and some other symptoms.

As I said, these symptoms are more profound in morning, at night I feel almost "normal" often.

But I also have positive symptoms: I can FEEL now, I can love and hate now!

I understand that under benzos my emotions and feelings were almost non-existing.

I am totally different person. Sometimes I find my withdrawal very euphoric and stimulating.

I have better sex now.

I feel much stronger now and now I feel that I can do sooo much!!

I never thought that benzos changed me so dramatically.

Don't use benzos!

Love the life!!!

Congratulations! I'm also in IT, how did you work while using benzo? I couldn't focus or think critically, very difficult writing code. I could not be creative at all during benzo use and during withdrawal.

Congratulations! I'm also in IT, how did you work while using benzo? I couldn't focus or think critically, very difficult writing code. I could not be creative at all during benzo use and during withdrawal.

My logic still worked on benzos, not 100% but...

And my emptions were almost non-existent.

And now when I quit I still able to work and walk. Not all the time but I can.

And if I beat anxiety I believe I can do it all the time.

And... I CAN FEEL NOW!!! Oh my God!! I even forgot what it means during these years!

Besides different symptoms I often feel euphoria to degree which I didn't had on any recreational drug (I tried many).

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations to you! FENOZEPAM it is cruel! I've been on it for 16 years. Thank God that recovery is possible! It is a pity, that at me very slowly. The main thing is not to lose hope! Hugs!

Thats so awesome!!! Thank you for coming back here and sharing. It gives so much hope! A lot recover and don’t return to share their story which we so desperately need. Far too many horror stories and less of these! Enjoy your life to the fullest now and never look back greatpretender, you deserve it  :D

• 1 month later...