Gastritis

[Ni...]

Does ayone here have gastritis and do you take anything for it?

Yesterday my anxiety was skyhigh, i couldn't take it anymore so in desperation drank some whiskey. Within hours my gastritis flared up, i didnt have a problem with it for years!

It was pure torture. I had some esomeprazole (nexium) but it took hours to feel any relief. The only thing that helped reduce the pain was very soft boiled rice, almost like a pudding.

The nexium increases my anxiety, i don't know why but it does. It's also known that the gut-brain connection is very delicate, inflammation in the GI can lead to anxiety and depression.

Take care of your gut guys! It's very important when you're healing from benzo damage!

Nick, I’ve found that deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) can help coat things and ease the pain.

DGL works for me as a preventative measure, not when the pain has already started. It's intense pain.

Most PPIs and H2 blockers mess with benzo excretion.

Suggest Gaviscon Advance from pharmacist.

Assuming Gp aware of your reflux etc

D

• 1 month later...

please if you can, juice cabbage and drink 6 ounces or so a couple times a day.  it will help gastritis.

Nick, when I have a flare up of my GERD (intense pain) I drink aloe juice. Immediate relief! I get it from Amazon and always keep some on hand. It tastes just a tiny bit lemony and very, very soothing. I keep mine in the fridge. Aaahh.

You can paste this into the amazon search bar:

alo Exposed Original Drink - 16.9 oz

Hope this helps.

Katz

Remember chronic gastritis is associated with B12 poor absorption which hinders recovery. Worth checking. Mine was in my boots

Dick

B12 is normal for me.

H. pylori negative.

I found out my gastritis only flares when i consume alcohol or caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate). If i don't consume any of that then i'm totally fine!

I also can't consume tomatopaste or dairy, both give me GERD.

• 3 years later...

See my post abut 4 entries back. I use Aloe juice every day now as it proved so helpful with my gastritis on my taper.

Hope this helps.

Katz

I started to have a first signs of gastritis and it is frightening for me.

Any words of wisdom?

If you noticed the first signs, my advice is to address a doctor. The causes of gastritis are various, and thus, the treatment depends on a concrete case. If you are looking for a way to manage this condition, it is better to avoid alcohol, don't eat spicy and acidic foods, get plenty of rest, reduce stress, eat small meals often, and exercise. I was lucky to find this article https://betterme.world/articles/gastritis-weight-loss/ when I was diagnosed. It helped me understand why I lost weight and provided me with all the needed info about my condition.

Keep in mind gastric stuff like acid reflux ramps up in colder weather seasons im taking https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Formulated-Probiotics-Critical/dp/B07SC2C837/ probiotic once a day around 3pm try taking it after your coffee also try to limit coffee to 100mg a day or less. try eating smaller meals and chewing your food slower. hopefully this works for you