Builder's plan looks good!

[St...]

Hi Everyone,

My taper from 2 mg Clonazepam is going well with Jim Hawk's algorithm: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

It was especially helpful when I started the taper because it gave me a visual aid and an easy way to taper from three doses a day.

This morning, I looked at Builder's posts and studied his plan. It makes sense, too, and I'd like to try it when I reach 1 mg K/day to be taken at bedtime.

I like that Builder's plan uses less water.

This is what I want to try. Is it correct?

Clonazepam (1 mg) at bedtime.

1.0 mg x 10% = .10 mg

10 mg K + 20 ml vodka + 80 ml water

Subtract .01 mg (.1 ml each day)

1.0 mg          10 ml

.99 mg          9.9 ml

.98 mg          9.8 ml

.97 mg          9.7 ml

.96 mg          9.6 ml    etc.

Thanks for the BB forum and for your help and encouragement!

Best wishes,

Starlight    :)

Hi Everyone,

My taper from 2 mg Clonazepam is going well with Jim Hawk's algorithm: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

It was especially helpful when I started the taper because it gave me a visual aid and an easy way to taper from three doses a day.

This morning, I looked at Builder's posts and studied his plan. It makes sense, too, and I'd like to try it when I reach 1 mg K/day to be taken at bedtime.

I like that Builder's plan uses less water.

This is what I want to try. Is it correct?

Clonazepam (1 mg) at bedtime.

1.0 mg x 10% = .10 mg

10 mg K + 20 ml vodka + 80 ml water

Subtract .01 mg (.1 ml each day)

1.0 mg          10 ml

.99 mg          9.9 ml

.98 mg          9.8 ml

.97 mg          9.7 ml

.96 mg          9.6 ml    etc.

Thanks for the BB forum and for your help and encouragement!

Best wishes,

Starlight    :)

All correct!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A general comment (to all) on "...less water"

Ratios of .1mg=1ml, or .01mg=1ml are obviously the easiest to use, as they basically eliminate any "math".  You can easily convert mgs to mls just by moving the decimal.

.1mg=1ml will be a good ratio probably 99% of the time.  Rarely would anyone actually need to use the more dilute ratio of .10mg=1ml.  And any ratios that do not use the simple 1:10 or 1:100 conversions are more complicated and confusing.

But one further comment...

I will never understand why so many folks say "I will start DLMT when I get down to (some lower) dose".

A DLMT is so much easier and and more tolerable than a C&H taper.  In retrospect, I wish I had known about DLMT before I went through months of my initial "cut and suffer" taper.  I  could have simply started my (relatively) painless DLMT from the very beginning.

I agree Builder. I failed trying to cut... twice.  The withdrawal symptoms and frustration of getting small enough cuts was ridiculous.  :-\

Hi Builder,

I've used DLMT since I began the taper. Presently, I'm taking two doses of Clonazepam per day. Last night at bedtime, I took 1.1714 mg (50 ml) and 0.1714 mg (8.57 ml) in the early morning.

I'd rather start your plan when I get down to one dose per day so that I don't have to add water to create an easier split between the two doses.

Moreover, I already made up the suspension for the next 10 - 14 days.

I agree about "cutting and holding." I only did it once and realized that I just needed to slow down the taper. It's easier to continue moving forward each day with a smaller cut than to cut and hold.

Best wishes,

Starlight

What tools are you using? Cutting .1ml seems extremely small.

Congrats on your progress! I wish I had your courage. This is the type of thing I need to fully understand before taking a leap. Dealing with vertigo and waking up in terror right now. Did your side effects start to subside once you started your taper?