Horrible Mornings!!!!!

[Fa...]

My mornings are so bad! I can’t breathe, heart racing, feeling hot, head in vice, dizziness, balance issues, internal tremors. This sucks so bad!!! I happen every morning now. I sleep ok 6-8 hours usually waking once. The rest of the day is tolerable but the morning sucks. Am I doing something wrong? I went to the ER yesterday and they said my heart rate dropped to the 50s for a sec and pressure went low for a sec but after morning anxiety lifted everything stayed normal. Anyone else have the heart rate and pressure drop problem? Did it go away?

Yes Faith..the dreadful mornings.  Like clock work every dang morning...I experience racing heart, nausea, headache ect.,  Lasts about an hour.  I have to do my best to plan around being completely dysfunctional for this time period.  I do some deep breathing and attempt to meditate a short while to ride it out.  It sucks but at least I know to expect it.  I am about 3 1/2 months out.  C/T

Faith,

Very normal. Because benzos work on the Fear Center of your brain, when you get off of benzos, your heart rate and blood pressure may respond in odd ways. Too high or too low and there doesn't seem to be a pattern for this.

Mornings: many people on BB report mornings being worse. Some might guess it is due to cortisol or other chemical things but that wont help you get through your mornings! Just know that many benzo people have worse symptoms early in the day, and you are NOT different. Or in any sort of trouble. You will heal but it just takes time.

east

This is so frustrating and I get so discouraged! I don’t have insomnia it actually went away after 2 months but these mornings are the worst.this seems to me my last symptoms and it like clockwork daily with the worst being in the morning. I get the overwhelming panicky feeling 2-3 times a day. It wears me out so much it ruins the rest of my day or I’m so worried about when it’s gonna hit again I can’t enjoy it.

This is so frustrating and I get so discouraged! I don’t have insomnia it actually went away after 2 months but these mornings are the worst.this seems to me my last symptoms and it like clockwork daily with the worst being in the morning. I get the overwhelming panicky feeling 2-3 times a day. It wears me out so much it ruins the rest of my day or I’m so worried about when it’s gonna hit again I can’t enjoy it.

I understand.  I have the same flare-ups, but it happens for most of the day.  I am pretty early out though.  I guess maybe(?) it might be helpful to look at our healing processes in perspective -- where we are at now vs. where we were in the beginning.  Idk.

Faith, i am at 4 months out and dealing with the sweats combined with dp/dr/depression in the morning...i moticed that once i start my day it gets better but the fear stays with me all day long...how is it for you after you get out of bed?

Zack after about 10 am it’s gone except for a 15 min wave in the afternoon or evening but I think about it all day.

Hey Faith..you asked if this was the last of my symptoms.  Unfortunately….No.  But I have improved a lot.  I have to think back or look at my notes because the c/t withdrawal was horrific.  I don't remember a whole lot...too traumatic.  What I have noticed is that fearful thoughts raise my heart rate and induce many other symptoms.  I talk to my thoughts like they are a separate entity.  Because they are...the thoughts are not rational.  Basically my thoughts piss me off so I give them a piece of my rational mind.  Crazy as it sounds, I am war with intrusive B.S. thoughts. 

If I tried to explain this to my family, they would lock me up for good!  hang in there.

Nice post, Dove and I agree with you.

You are so right. Those weird thoughts are not rational, and if you KNOW this, it is a very good sign.

east

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! The morning was the most difficult time for me, I felt bad.. But the worst thing is panic attacks. It's been almost six months. Recently I began to notice that it became noticeably better. Appeared calm! A little peace of mind, but I'm very happy about it! May God bless you!

Hey Faith..you asked if this was the last of my symptoms.  Unfortunately….No.  But I have improved a lot.  I have to think back or look at my notes because the c/t withdrawal was horrific.  I don't remember a whole lot...too traumatic.  What I have noticed is that fearful thoughts raise my heart rate and induce many other symptoms.  I talk to my thoughts like they are a separate entity.  Because they are...the thoughts are not rational.  Basically my thoughts piss me off so I give them a piece of my rational mind.  Crazy as it sounds, I am war with intrusive B.S. thoughts. 

If I tried to explain this to my family, they would lock me up for good!  hang in there.

Me, too, Dove!!

[03...]

I cant believe this far lout and still with the super sensitive, over stimulated nervous system feeling.

it is beyond hell stumbling into work feeling like this everyday. its sooo hard talking to people. you feel like youre going to blow up out of your skin. unreal tension, that morning hyper toxic thing, and still phobic to certain degrees.

this far out and STILL feeling like this.

its the same as two years ago, a teeny bit weaker (i dont feel poisoned the way i used to at least), and slowly gets better as the day goes on, that hyper toxic morning, but its the same thing basically.

really had enough of all this man. the exhaustion of trying to keep the bare necessities of life going through this.....

every work night i lay in bed feeling like its my execution the next day, ugh i dread the mornings...

Luke,

A teeny bit better doesn’t seem like much in our exhaustion, but better is healing.  I hate mornings, I hate nights more as sleep eludes me, nueropathy rages, and sxs roar(in month 4).

You’re to be commended for going to work and keeping it all together!

May you wake up to happier (symptom free days) quickly.

SaraSue  :smitten:

I also hate mornings. Like Faithdriven, my heart does not race but my chest starts to hurt really bad each morning and I get that feeling of not being able to breathe and it happens like clockwork each morning about the same exact time. It is like my brain has been programmed to awake me each morning at about 6AM with these horrid SX's.  :'(

Just letting all of you know that I had this same morning rush for a good two (2) months and then it came back in a wave during month 5 for a couple of weeks.  It ends.  Like East says, that part of the brain seems to be recalibrating to life without Benzos and unfortunately, healing the damage.  I also had terrible night sweats that last into the 8th month - I mean completely drenched when I woke up.  So hang in there and try to accept this process of recovery and the best things is: you will so much more appreciate the peace your body finds after you get through this. I know I do.  And still not 100 percent recovered.

I am so glad that someone posted this topic because I feel horrific in the mornings. I finally stopped having hallucinations/delusions and night terrors and can now sleep for about 6-7 hours but when I wake up BAM!!  I feel panicky and CRAZY as soon as I open my eyes. The DR/DP is at its worse too and as I try to get ready for work every day I tell myself I'm not crazy,  I'm not crazy. It wears off around noon but I am wondering if I am losing my mind or when will this ever get better. I think it's almost worse than the physical symptoms sometimes.

Does anyone know WHY this happens? The only thing I can think of is that the brain is in such a different state when we are asleep. To me, knowing what is happening would be comforting.

• 4 weeks later...
hi & congratulations on getting of these horrible drugs! Yes, I too experienced this in the Am during my wd, it's a cortisol spike. This seems to be a very common symptom of withdrawal syndrome. Many people report waking up with a surge of panic or anxiety, or a feeling of anxiety early in the morning. A lot of times, people are waking around 4:30 a.m. or closer to dawn. The first glimmers of morning light signal the nervous system to start the morning cycle with a jump in cortisol. At normal levels, cortisol gives you energy. At elevated levels, cortisol gives you a feeling of unease, anxiety, panic, or depression. When you have withdrawal syndrome, your system is on "high alert" all the time. The normal morning peak of cortisol gets exaggerated and what you would normally feel as "wake up" becomes a surge of panic, anxiety, or dread in the early morning.  Hope tis helps!  Hang in there, it does get better!

18 weeks out here and still have very difficult mornings and the wave pattern that lasts until late afternoon.