All liquid taper from 1.5 mg clonazepam

[St...]

Howdy!

I’ve been trying  to research and figure out the best method for doing an all liquid taper from my current 1.5 mg of clonazepam.

I found some useful information in the threads, but I can’t get the videos to work and I’m confused as to whether the medium should be vodka, milk, or water.

I am taking all .5 mg tablets. I take two in the morning and one in the evening.

I’d like to reduce around 5 to 7% each month-  at least to start.

I should mention that I am very comfortable with both the math and using the chemistry components. Honestly, I’m pretty excited about it since I haven’t done a whole lot of chemistry since college.  ;D

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Howdy!

I’ve been trying  to research and figure out the best method for doing an all liquid taper from my current 1.5 mg of clonazepam.

I found some useful information in the threads, but I can’t get the videos to work and I’m confused as to whether the medium should be vodka, milk, or water.

I am taking all .5 mg tablets. I take two in the morning and one in the evening.

I should mention that I am very comfortable with both the math and using the chemistry components. Honestly, I’m pretty excited about it since I haven’t done a whole lot of chemistry since college.  ;D

It is all really a matter of preference. Klonopin is not soluble in water. However, water can be used in conjunction with ethanol or vodka in order to produce volume.

Whole milk can be used but has limits.

Also a suspension can be made by crushing tablets and using a suspension vehicle such as Ora-Plus.

What ever works best for you :thumbsup:

Howdy!

The YouTube videos are garbage anyway, so don't worry that you can't view them.

Combine 15mg +30mls vodka or propylene glycol + 120mls water.  This gives a 150mls dilute solution,  approx a 10-12 day supply at your current 1.5mg dose

5%/30 days:

1.5mgs X 5% = .075mgs

.075mgs/30 days =.0025mgs/day reduction

Schedule:

1.5mg                        15ml

1.4975mg                  14.975ml  (round to 14.98)

1.495mg                    14.95ml

1.4925mg                  14.925ml (round to 14.93)

etc.........

Just lower your dose by .025ml (.0025mg) each day.

If you want to continue your current 2/3rds-1/3rd schedule, extract the full days dose according to your schedule, put it in a measuring cup, top=up/dilute to one full cup.  Drink 2/3 cup AM and 1/3 cup PM.

Thanks to you both!

I’m going to start the process early next week. I’ll definitely incorporate your advice.

Take care and have a lovely weekend!