Worse next day after exercise...why?

[fa...]

Hi all,

Does anyone know why I would feel worse the next day after light exercise. I did leg lifts and donkey kicks and 10 push ups on my bedroom floor last night and am having an increase in sx today. This also happens if i take the dogs for a long brisk walk, etc.

I don't feel worse right after it...don't get increased adrenaline spikes so i was wondering if there is a reason for the delayed reaction?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing fatigue. It sounds backwards I know.  I am a biker and since tapering my muscles are more stiff and with less exercise. During the first couple of weeks into the taper I'm lucky to do 40 or 50 miles a week. But as I give myself time to heal I am doing better. I'm up to 117 miles a week. (My bike is my only transportation).

I have jelly legs and I'm so tired. I have a few weeks to feel good till my next dreaded cut in klonopin.  :-\

Trying not to think about that at the moment.

I also give myself 3 days off and I have started to get a massage every week. It seems to help as well.

Don't give up your exercise. Even though it's draining, it's helping in your recovery. Just take it easy on yourself. Try to work up to a goal. But don't push it.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

Exercise releases toxins in your system resulting in a  fatigue. 

Check out GUNDRY MD material.  Video long but so worthwhile: Cutthecravings.com  It will change your life.  Maybe why I am recovering so well after 18 years of k use.

Talks about  LECTINS,:WHY TOMATOES, BEANS, TOMATOES, PEANUTS, BROWN BREAD AND GRAIN CONSUMPTION ARE TAKING US DOWN.  ANTIBIOTICS:  what they

do to destroy our gut bacteria that talks to our brains. Bad bacterial in the gut starving for sugar ie grains.  Prebiotics and  probiotics.

I'm done.  I can only suggest.

Love and hugs

Yes, I've had this. I have extra norepinephrine, which is a catecholamine, and it often gets kicked up during exercise. It's much better now, but I had a heck of a problem exercising earlier. I had never heard of catecholamines until I started researching them and found out my norepinephrine was off the charts. The adrenal glands make large amounts of catecholamines as a reaction to stress.

You have to go slowly in exercise and build up to it, unfortunately. Who would have thought that something so beneficial normally would cause problems in withdrawal/recovery?

Terry:  Good for you for digging deep and looking at your diet and exercise during your taper. My norepinephrine was also high. 

I get tested for every possible endocrine level, thyroid level, vitamin and mineral level etc as often as possible.  Incredible  benzo use and then withdrawal can throw

our whole gut/brain balance so far out of kilter. 

Your signature is interesting.  It looks like you have made significant progress and have gone through hell but I surely hope life is better.  I'm going to look at your

posts.  Thanks for writing today.

I'm studying lectins today.  Such a horrible protein in the American diet.  Been gluten, egg and dairy free since I started taper back in October and I've gained back 12 lbs after losing 60 and people sayi look amazingly healthy.  Wish they knew how bad my pressure headache is. :tickedoff:

Healing in Washington.

Love  and  hugs,

Klonkar

Hey Terry:

Thought I sent you a message re prolotherapy.  Maybe a P.M.  Amazing results with this injection from D.O's and naturopaths who are licensed to give these shots.

Rafael Nadal and many big  name athletes have gone on to win world championships using prolotherapy.  It's an office procedure requiring an injection of saline or

sugar to cause an infection.  I'll let you dig in deeper.  Even my po dunk town is now offering them.

Hang in there bud.  Write me any time.

Klonkar