Anyone else feel sudden anxiety and heart rate increase?

[mo...]

This is something new. Today I was about to make a phone call at work and started feeling intense anxiety, heart started racing I had to push through and make the phone call but anxious feeling didn’t leave until I laid down and slept for a bit. It felt intense like a fire inside of me with my heart racing I know that sounds strange. I guess it’s the gaba/glutamate fight or flight kicking in. I did make a larger cut than normal last night, .002 instead of .001, so makes sense I have a new symptom. Hope it’s not some form of agoraphobia since it started when I had to speak with someone. Can’t wait until this is over.

Mountaintop,

Yes I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I do get this feeling of panic that hits me every now and then. It is paralyzing. I'm impressed that you pushed through it and were able to get the call made. That just shows that you are a very strong person. It looks like we are both around the same place with our cuts. Best of luck to you!

Hey Mountain!

Sorry you are going through that. It's so easy to get going too fast on your taper when you are at such a low dose. I don't know what your dose is now, but I would guess you are going above the 10%/2 weeks rule. I did the same recently and have been paying for it with no sleep and racing heart and general weirdness. Slow it down and you will be okay. You're doing great!

Thanks so much for the kind words T.O.T. Yes paralyzing is a good way to describe if I couldn’t think for a minute like my mind went blank. Not a good feeling. You just never know what you’ll get with this.

Waves I think I’m around .064 now reducing .001 per day but yes I did spead up planning to do .002 again tonight and then back to normal .001 nightly. When I have a slow few days I try to jump ahead a bit but I know it’s a risk every time. Just want this to be over. Hope all is well with you.

Mountaintop1 -

Waves said it right - so tempting to speed it up at the end and I have done the same thing and been slammed...after 8 good days. So slowing it down now. We really have to listen so carefully to our bodies and not rush things.

Hope you even out.

Mountaintop1- my body told me to slow down today and I am listening.

Waves is a smart girl. She knows my tendency to try and speed up this process but slow is honestly the way to go...we will heal, and it takes time.

Coming out slowly from a rough day...hoping now that I am slowing down that things improve. And sending you loads of healing vibes.

Think I’ll do the same. It’s  not worth feeling like this to save myself a few weeks. Thanks for the dose of sanity.  :smitten:

Waves et al- thanks for the advice. I guess I also need to be careful not to push myself too hard at the end. Just soooooo ready. Good riddance, K!!

yes i have had increased blood pressure over the last 2 months at least and i haven't decreased my benzo, just moved around my dosage times. it has the same effect as cutting dose tho.