What does "DLMT" mean?

[St...]

Hi Everyone,

My liquid taper with Jim Hawk's algorithm is going very well. Does "DLMT" mean "Direct Liquid Micro Taper"

Thanks!

Starlight

[6d...]

Hi Everyone,

My liquid taper with Jim Hawk's algorithm is going very well. Does "DLMT" mean "Direct Liquid Micro Taper"

Thanks!

Starlight

Daily Liquid Micro Taper.

Has nothing to do with whomever Jim Hawk is, this type of daily liquid micro titration has been around for years.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Starlight

Hey Starlight!

Glad to hear your daily liquid microtaper has been successful so far using JimHawks Algorithm! Keep up the good work!

Bella :smitten:

[6d...]

Thanks benzo-off and Bella Amis for defining "DLMT." Thanks also for your encouragement, Bella Amis!

I think that Jim Hawk's algorithm is ingenious and exceedingly helpful. I highly recommend it!

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

Best wishes,

Starlight

I have no need for a spreadsheet.  I can create my own solution and dictate my daily reductions with no set end date, the taper ends when it ends. I prefer that, it allows me to be flexible, listen to my body, make adjustments and I actually understand the process. No algorithms required.

To each their own.

Dear benzo-off,

I'm intrigued that you replied that DLMT has been known for a long time. Are you referring to U.S. health care because I never heard of DLMT until finding the BB support group. Two physicians in the U.S. were not helpful when I tried to taper from Clonazepam. One monitored me for a few weeks during my taper, but I could not tolerate it due to withdrawal symptoms. His taper was too fast and he didn't provide alternatives. Another physician, who has a background in addiction medicine, told me that people taper from Clonazepam by scraping the tablet on their teeth. How is that for a scientific way to withdraw from a benzodiazepine?  ;)

Also, about the algorithm. I've made adjustments with it according to my needs. It is a useful tool for me.

Best wishes,

Starlight

I have no need for a spreadsheet.  I can create my own solution and dictate my daily reductions with no set end date, the taper ends when it ends. I prefer that, it allows me to be flexible, listen to my body, make adjustments and I actually understand the process. No algorithms required.

To each their own.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[6d...]

Dear benzo-off,

I'm intrigued that you replied that DLMT has been known for a long time. Are you referring to U.S. health care because I never heard of DLMT until finding the BB support group. Two physicians in the U.S. were not helpful when I tried to taper from Clonazepam. One monitored me for a few weeks during my taper, but I could not tolerate it due to withdrawal symptoms. His taper was too fast and he didn't provide alternatives. Another physician, who has a background in addiction medicine, told me that people taper from Clonazepam by scraping the tablet on their teeth. How is that for a scientific way to withdraw from a benzodiazepine?  ;)

Also, about the algorithm. I've made adjustments with it according to my needs. It is a useful tool for me.

Best wishes,

Starlight

Starlight,

This titration section goes back to 2007. With that said, back in the day, most were advised to use water as a titration method, very ill advised method. I know, I was advised to use such method and things went to crap, quite frankly. The sticky section here is ludicrous and needs to be removed, a lot of bad information.

I'm also not an Ashton devotee, not by a long shot, she has nothing of value to offer benzo affected people, IMO. I detest the 10% cut, and cut & hold, etc... I do not taper based on %'s. That's why a spreadsheet makes no sense to me.

Titration has evolved with much research by benzo affected people who searched for better methods, and with that, also other factors that can alter and/or effect ones taper. There are inhibitors and inducers which effect the way ones body metabolizes their benzo through the CYP 450 enzyme see link:

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/0801/p391.html

There's also an additional link in my profile.

There are no doctors I'm aware of that understand benzo dependance and how a proper taper is to be done. So, I can absolutely understand your experiences.

All I look to my doctor for, is a script and nothing more. I will say they do understand that this is not easy, however, the way in which I use titration boggles their poor educated mind.

If your way is working for you, that is excellent. I wish you well on your journey off.

Dear benzo-off,

Thanks for your reply and observations. From your remarks, I see that there are multiple ways to taper off of benzos. Admittedly, I don't understand Jim Hawk's algorithm vs. other methods of tapering. I latched onto the chart because it is a helpful visual tool.

All good wishes to you.

Starlight

Thanks benzo-off and Bella Amis for defining "DLMT." Thanks also for your encouragement, Bella Amis!

I think that Jim Hawk's algorithm is ingenious and exceedingly helpful. I highly recommend it!

Best wishes,

Starlight

To each their own.

Best wishes,

Starlight

Nothing wrong with that as I do my own thing as well. Bella made me a spread sheet over a year ago and I just use it as a reference. To be honest I think most of the charts, graphs and spreadsheets etc. Are WAY too complicated for people like me who get stressed out by math. I just mix my med up with water, a tiny amount of vodka and discard only a small amount daily. The jar gets less and less as

The days, weeks and months go by.  I love my method! It works for me and everyone should do this taper the way that works for them!  :smitten:

Dear benzo-off,

Best wishes,

Starlight

Starlight,

This titration section goes back to 2007. With that said, back in the day, most were advised to use water as a titration method, very ill advised method. I know, I was advised to use such method and things went to crap, quite frankly. The sticky section here is ludicrous and needs to be removed, a lot of bad information.

I'm also not an Ashton devotee, not by a long shot, she has nothing of value to offer benzo affected people, IMO. I detest the 10% cut, and cut & hold, etc... [glow=red,2,300]I do not taper based on %'s. That's why a spreadsheet makes no sense to me.[/glow] What is your method?

Titration has evolved with much research by benzo affected people who searched for better methods, and with that, also other factors that can alter and/or effect ones taper. There are inhibitors and inducers which effect the way ones body metabolizes their benzo through the CYP 450 enzyme see link:

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/0801/p391.html

There's also an additional link in my profile.

There are no doctors I'm aware of that understand benzo dependance and how a proper taper is to be done. So, I can absolutely understand your experiences.

All I look to my doctor for, is a script and nothing more. I will say they do understand that this is not easy, however, the way in which I use titration boggles their poor educated mind.

If your way is working for you, that is excellent. I wish you well on your journey off.

Best wishes,

Starlight

To each their own.

Benzo-off,  I don't mess with Jim Hawks method either.  I find it confusing but I do know it helps others and that's great. I do my taper my own way. There were several people here that got me started on equipment, recommendations, etc and I check in a few times a week for questions if they come up but I cannot do confusing formulas because my mind shuts down when things get too detailed.  Everyone is different and we all have different ways of doing things, different personalities, etc and I think if a method works then go for it.  People would probably laugh if they knew what I do... but it works for me so it makes no difference to me what others think.  As long as I get this taper done... I don't care how I did it or how long it will take.... cause we are all on a path heading towards the same goal even if we're all doing our own thing!!  I've always done my own thing. I hope your taper goes well!  :smitten: