One week after full c/o to valium; still a bit groggy.

[jo...]

I am at one full week of taking 15 mg valium after a six week c/o from 1.75 mg ativan.  I am still dosing 3 x daily (5 mg each) and still feeling a bit groggy, but not as bad as when I started.

I want to go to dosing 2 x daily before I begin my taper.  Should I wait another week before I try 2 x day to let my body have more time to adjust to the valium?  I am kind of afraid to try too soon, because of possible increased sedation and falling out at work.  I want to make sure I am stable on the valium before starting to taper, I was just hoping I could do that by dosing twice a day instead of three.  It would make this process a lot more simpler.

Hey Maugham1,

After you switched to 2 x a day dosing, what times of the day did you take your doses?

Thanks

jojo

Thanks again.  That is what I was planning, about 12 hours a apart.  My times will be a little different, because I have to be in bed before 11:00 pm.  Probably 9:00 am - 9:00 pm.

I noticed in your signature, when you switched to all Valium it 7.5 mg when you switched.

I just switched to 15 mg of Valium, double your daily switch, that is what makes me a little nervous about the sedation after each dose.  7.5 mg twice a day as compared to your 3.75 mg twice a day.  But, I have made up my mind, I have to start somewhere and just see what happens.

Thanks again for all your help,

jojo