3 years med-free

[Ma...]

Hello my brave buddies,

3 years med free.. I know most of you want to know about remaining symptoms..  ;)

1) Completely gone now:

depersonalisation, derealisation, Insomnia, nightmares, sleep disturbance, intrusive memories, Panic attacks, Generalised anxiety, panics and phobias, Depression, aggression, obsessions, tingling nerves, itching nerves,  Hallucinations, Sensory and motor disturbances, poor memory and cognition, low self confidence, fears of everything, feeling of pressure physically and mentally all the time, feeling restless, feeling stressed and freaking, extreme intolerance to food/cosmetics/anything else, extreme intolerance to supplements and any chemical med, intolerance to alcohol and coffee, being unable to be under people like in malls, agoraphobia, health anxiety, and a lot more that I cannot REMEMBER ANY MORE.-)

2) Still with me: 

tinitus, hyperakkusis, sensory hypersensitivity, I am able to sleep 9 hours non stop but only in a really quiet environment which seems to be achieved only in space?, inflammation in several parts of my body, allergies (I need to stick to my healthy diet), tendency to freak out easily (with a "short" period of panic - but I can handle that now), and my nervous system is still in alert and can be pushed by the littlest things, my immune system needs still a lot of time to heal from normal diseases like a cold, all-over fatigue feeling, exhausted cells and organs:-)

Significant changes in the last year:

back at work 2 days weekly for 4 hours (its the same battle as holding a dose, believe me), I tolerate supplements and herbs better and could work with them (I have some real lacks - do not take them just because they "are good for.."), I am now more focused on getting a life back then fighting against acute withdrawal symptoms, I can handle stress better, I could enjoy more things and it was not my typical "doing things no matter what"-training,

and although I was blessed with some private problems on top I am still alive and holding on (2 years ago I would have ended in a deep depression or severe fatigue), I can walk 1 hour slowly, I can do exercises for my back 30 minutes on the floor

Please do not ask me, when which symptom got better because I just do not know. At some point I stopped noting everything down and just lived day by day.

I wish all warriors here on the board reading this a quick healing / recovery - and I want to thank everyone..  :smitten:

For the newer members - be kind to yourself.

There is absolutely no other situation in life in which a human has to re-learn and re-code the brain like in benzo withdrawal and the years after.

First it feels like "this is NOT possible", then we can handle little situations and with more time we are able to react and care in new ways. There is a time to push, a time to accept, a time to switch,- but in all this caos please be patient and constantly loving yourself. You deserve this.

Love,

Marigold

Great news and thanks for the post!

I'm just past 30 so this is encouraging to read.. wishing you the best

Thank you!! Yes its so exhausting this endless ride isnt it! I hope you will get a lot of improvement soon! :smitten:

Congratulations!

Thank you! I see in your picture you have been a vicitim of lorazepam, too :( That one was very hard to taper and the longterm effects are horrible. And I was only on a low dosage.. I hope you feel better now :smitten:

Great work, Marigold. I'm sure in a couple years you will be better than ever :)

Those drugs can do a heck of a number on people.

Great work, Marigold. I'm sure in a couple years you will be better than ever :)

Those drugs can do a heck of a number on people.

.. thank you! I pray you are right.

Congratulations!

Can you please explain you mean by your sleep can only be achieved in space?  And can you describe your hypersensitivity is it to noise light going out in public things like that?

Thanks!

Marigold, your list shows how much you've healed! Congratulations! Symptoms fade, leave, return and change overtime and eventually soften to a point of annoyances. Won't it be grand when this is all behind us? Wishing you well as you navigate the final time of healing.

Warmly,

Carita :smitten:

Congratulations!

Can you please explain you mean by your sleep can only be achieved in space?  And can you describe your hypersensitivity is it to noise light going out in public things like that?

Thanks!

haha, of course I can explain.. I live in a noisy environment and since I need silence to fall asleep. When I am asleep, I have a deep, normal and healthy sleep. But any noise bothers me - so sometimes I am dreaming of having a little rocket in space to sleep in - because there is no noise.

.. and with "hypersensivitity" I mean I am over-sensitive to noise (sounds seem to be my main problem thanks to hyperacusis), but also to smells, electricity - whatever. Being in nature is the best for me, natural things seem not to trigger my nervous system (I can even sleep well in a storm which was really loud..) - the main trigger seem to be human-made sadly.

Congrats! It's good you consider yourself healed. I know we have spoken a little in PMs. It's so good to see that you are over most of the mental symptoms. They are absolute torture and still are for me at a year off.

Congrats! It's good you consider yourself healed. I know we have spoken a little in PMs. It's so good to see that you are over most of the mental symptoms. They are absolute torture and still are for me at a year off.

oh I am absolutely NOT healed. In fact I hate the word healing ;D Healing for me means that one gets back to the condition you once started and that will not happen in my case.

Success stories are not for people who are "healed" in my eyes, success should be anything that "is better than a year before" 8)

Just my way to see it. But I agree the first year off or the first 1,5 years it was still the mental horror and now it changes. Its sad that it sometimes feels like one challenge done, oh yeah here comes the next one, - but it is what it is.. :thumbsup:

Congratulations Marigold! So happy for you!

May God help you to heal 100% and thank you so much all the encouragement what you wrote to me all the time.!

Hoping to write my success story one day!

Live and healing

Vica :sick:

Congratulations Marigold! So happy for you!

May God help you to heal 100% and thank you so much all the encouragement what you wrote to me all the time.!

Hoping to write my success story one day!

Live and healing

Vica :sick:

Hey Vica thank you... I hope you will feel better with time! Glad to have you here with me..

Thank you!

You mention motor symptoms and that you can now exercise to help your back.

Can Iask of you had a lot of s very muscle tightness throughout back, neck, shoulders, jaw etc and what back issues you had.

Did you have back issue prior to WD. Did it get much worse in WD.

Thanks!

Thank you!

You mention motor symptoms and that you can now exercise to help your back.

Can Iask of you had a lot of s very muscle tightness throughout back, neck, shoulders, jaw etc and what back issues you had.

Did you have back issue prior to WD. Did it get much worse in WD.

Thanks!

I never had any back problems before I was polydrugged. For I have been polydrugged for years my bone density slowly must have become worse and worse. After I had finished my last taper I needed to take cortisone for a year and so finally I ended with 2 fractures in the spine - because of the worst osteoporosis the doctors in that hospital have ever seen. And I am in my 30s.

I have done some research - any med that I have taken in my hole life, including thyroid medication, bitrht control pill, antibiotics... has osteoporosis as a side effect. So - thanks to many meds I am disabled and needed to exercise from bed, to walking, to being upright like a human again and I still have pain in the back.

This could be related to the combination of meds I was on, - but I would like to have the bone density from anyone here checked, because in WD we all loose minerals and this can be another factor for developing osteoporosis or milder forms of it.

Pure withdrawal related muscle soreness, stiffness and pain - yup, had it, but it felt totally different from what I have now.

I am a fan of osteopathic treatments and traditional chinese medicine procedures, - and of exercising 2-5 minutes a day, even if its just moving the body parts that hurt..

I hope this makes it clear to you:-)