Pharmacy Valium all hell broke loose

[Li...]

Hi

I’ve been reading all day, but can’t find a solution to my problem.

I’m down to 11 mg of Valium from 19. Hasn’t been easy. I decided to try a DLMT using pharmacy Valium. Omg. Worst symptoms since in tolerance to lunesta and Ativan. This was after a 50 day hold due to taking ad’s for pneumonia.

I’ve only used the liquid for 5 days, reducing .02 ml each night. I’m just measuring and squirting it directly into my mouth. Does this need to be diluted? 

Now I’m stuck at this dose. Don’t want to use the liquid again. And I can’t wrap my brain around making my own solution.  I’ve erred in the past with lexapro. I didn’t research it for benzo before I got this incredible migraine and added fog. The pharmacy liquid seemed too easy.

Now should I updose back to my night dose of 8 mg and hold til I stabilize? or should I cut the pill and go down to 7.5. I’m virtually nonfunctional.

Seriously need your input. Please and thank you! Lg

Hi

I think I finally figured out the right place to post. It’s posted 2 other places. Taken me hours to figure it out. I’m in a bad way.

I need advice please.

I’ve taken .02 mg off my nighttime dose of Valium for 5 days now. I’m on total of 11 mg, down from 19. It hasn’t been easy but nothing this bad, even after 1 mg cuts. I haven’t been this sick since in tolerance to lunesta and Ativan. Iwas on a 50 day hold after pneumonia, influenza and ab’s. I decided to do a DLMT and the pharmacy liquid seemed the easiest.

I was taking .02 ml off .5 of the liquid and just squirting it into my mouth. Is this suppose to be diluted?

I can’t take it one more night. I do not know how to make my own liquid and can’t figure it out in this mental state. Should I updose back to 8 mg to stabilize, or should I cut my pill down to 7.75 mg, or as close as I can get it with a pill splitter?

Please any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! Lg

Hi

I’m down to 11 mg of Valium from 19. Hasn’t been easy. I decided to try a DLMT using pharmacy Valium. Omg. Worst symptoms since in tolerance to lunesta and Ativan. This was after a 50 day hold due to taking ad’s for pneumonia.

I’ve only used the liquid for 5 days, reducing .02 ml each night. I’m just measuring and squirting it directly into my mouth. Does this need to be diluted? 

Now I’m stuck at this dose. Don’t want to use the liquid again. And I can’t wrap my brain around making my own solution.  I’ve erred in the past with lexapro. I didn’t research it for benzo before I got this incredible migraine and added fog. The pharmacy liquid seemed too easy.

Now should I updose back to my night dose of 8 mg and hold til I stabilize? or should I cut the pill and go down to 7.5. I’m virtually nonfunctional.

Seriously need your input. Please and thank you! Lg

Is your liquid 1ml-1mg? Valium does not need to be diluted. How long did it take you to get from 19mg to 11mg?

Hi Bella

It took about 4 mo. Then my long hold.

I know that was quick, but it was the schedule set up for me by B.B. 

yes 1 ml=1 mg

Such a minute cut, I’m assuming it’s the liquid. I didn’t give my body time to get used to it before tapering. Physical and mental symptoms are full out.

TY Bella

Diluting is not required, but it is recommended by the manufacturer.  From the label. "Dilute before using..."

And diluting makes measuring your doses much easier, and dramatically reduces the error factor.

And as you have a history of polydrugging, are currently on at least one other psych drugs, and suffering a major health problem, there are certainly other potential causes for your distress that are far more probable than just switching 6.25% of your dose to Rx liquid.

JMHO

Thanks Builder

I don’t really know what to do at this point. I updose back to 8 mg last night and slept better. The morning chemical anxiety isn’t as strong  this morning. And the physical symptoms have lessened. I’m afraid to make another move now. I’m terrified to ever make another cut.  I doubt I’ll stabilize to a good place, as I think I’m still protracted from a 50% lexapro cut. And none of the drugs ever agreed with me in the first place. I didn’t need any of them. I took lunesta for insomnia. I didn’t know it was a benzo. I went into tolerance quickly. Saw many many drs. Of course, then I was misdiagnosed as having anxiety and depression. One pdoc even said I was bipolar. No one questioned the lunesta and the fact I’d been on it for over a year. I was never depressed or had anxiety until these drugs came into my life.

Do I keep tapering even though I’m symptomatic?  Should I hold for awhile to gain some stability?

I have 2 young grandchildren I have to care for. Yesterday I couldn’t care for myself.

Just venting, I guess. But I really don’t know what to do. I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have to remain somewhat functional, though I’ve been in hell for 4 yrs and have muddled through taking care of kids. But that’s the only thing I’ve done.  And quite often I have help of other family

Thank you

Hi

Hi Bella

yes 1 ml=1 mg

Such a minute cut, I’m assuming it’s the liquid. I didn’t give my body time to get used to it before tapering. Physical and mental symptoms are full out.

TY Bella

Hi lilgma-

Did you shake up the solution  prior to using?  The .02mg per day for 5 day reduction probably would not be the issue. Did you take the full 11mg dose in liquid or did you combine it with tablets? It is possible that for some reason you metabolize the liquid quicker than the tablets. :-\

Is your liquid this Intesol Diazepam Oral solution or is it a suspension prepared by pharmacist?

FYI:

Proper Use of an IntensolTMAn Intensol is a concentrated oral solution as compared to standard oral liquid medications. It is recommended that an Intensol be mixed with liquid or semi-solid food such as water, juices, soda or soda-like beverages, applesauce and puddings. Use  only  the  calibrated  dropper  provided  with  this  product.  Draw  into  the  dropper  the  amount  prescribed  for  a  single  dose. Then squeeze the dropper contents into a liquid or semi-solid food. Stir the liquid or food gently for a few seconds. The Intensol formulation blends quickly and completely. The entire amount of the mixture, of drug and liquid or drug and food, should be consumed immediately. Do not store for future use

Oh Bella, I didn’t even read the instructions. What a dope. I can’t find the paper on it now, but it was not prepared by the pharmacy. I just did what my dr told me to do, not to throw him under the bus. I didn’t take responsibility, but I have been living in a thick fog for so long.

I didn’t shake it. I didn’t mix it with anything.

I took my daily dose in pills. I took my night dose 7.5 in pill and .5 mg in  the liquid minus the.02 a night.

After upping to 8 mg pill last night, I woke with my usual morning tremble, but not tremors like yesterday.And my usual symptoms, which is most of them, but yesterday they were magnified by 10.

Thank you Bella. You’re so kind!!

Oh Bella, I didn’t even read the instructions. What a dope. I can’t find the paper on it now, but it was not prepared by the pharmacy. I just did what my dr told me to do, not to throw him under the bus. I didn’t take responsibility, but I have been living in a thick fog for so long.

I didn’t shake it. I didn’t mix it with anything.

I took my daily dose in pills. I took my night dose 7.5 in pill and .5 mg in  the liquid minus the.02 a night.

After upping to 8 mg pill last night, I woke with my usual morning tremble, but not tremors like yesterday.And my usual symptoms, which is most of them, but yesterday they were magnified by 10.

Thank you Bella. You’re so kind!!

Hey, you'll be ok..try not to sweat the small stuff. What you are doing combing tablets with the liquid is probably the best way. The .5mg/ml in liquid along with tablets is ideal. Remember to shake it up prior to dosing and you should be good to go :thumbsup:

Hang in there...it does get better  :smitten:

Bella,

My solution is intensol by Hickma

TY

If you solution is INTENSOL, it is NOT 1mg=1ml.

In the US, there are 2 Rx liquid diazepam formulations. Diazepam Oral Solution is a 1mg=1ml solution, and uses propylene glycol as a solvent.

Diazepam Intensol is a 5mg=1ml concentrate which must be diluted.

Hi Bella

yes 1 ml=1 mg

TY Bella

Does the label say 1ml=1mg? ???

[1a...]

fpl-label-25mg-per-5ml-os-04.jpg

This is the product the OP is using by Hikma, 5mg/ML

As builder wrote above, there are 2 liquid diazepam solitions. Your doctor, IMO, does not understand that and if they wrote you a script for the Intensol, they should have no problem writing one for the 1mg/1ML solution, which is much more taper friendly.

Bella,

I just read your success story, which I remember reading quite awhile ago at the beginning of my taper journey. I admire your strength and fortitude. Many things you said reminded me of myself, living in the country and working the soil and doing projects. And the Harley, which I haven’t been able to enjoy for a couple years. Also the pull yourself up my the bootstraps comment, which I hate when my mother or father would say to me, but I do repeat it  to myself. You’ve come a long way and I’m very happy for where you are now in your life. And I respect you hanging around bb to help lost souls like myself. Respect to you. ✊🏻

Now I forget where I was going with this.....

My bottle of liquid says diazepam soln 5mg/5ml

I took such a tiny dose out, I was surprised by the upheaval in my symptoms. Could it be the fact I didn’t shake it? Or take it in water or food?  I’m terrified to try it again, but the measuring of pills or making solution would be left up to my husband. He’s done that for so long, I don’t want to put that on him anymore. Of course, he will. I’m in such a fog and dp/dr are a constant, I can’t wrap my head around it.

In your opinion and with your experience, which route do you think would be the best way for me to go?

Thank you so so much!!

fpl-label-25mg-per-5ml-os-04.jpg

This is the product the OP is using by Hikma, 5mg/ML

As builder wrote above, there are 2 liquid diazepam solitions. Your doctor, IMO, does not understand that and if they wrote you a script for the Intensol, they should have no problem writing one for the 1mg/1ML solution, which is much more taper friendly.

Thank you Benzo-0ff

Apparently I’m wrong again. I’ve made mistakes at every turn during this process. I guess I can’t blame everything on cog fog, but I do. My brain sure isn’t my own anymore.

The pharmacy bottle clearly says 5mg/5ml

I read many of your posts yesterday, but at the moment I can’t remember who is who. I’m sure it was on the DLMT thread. Did you use pharmacy liquid? If so, how did that go for you?

I really appreciate your response. I can’t thank you all enough! Lg

Bella,

I just read your success story, which I remember reading quite awhile ago at the beginning of my taper journey. I admire your strength and fortitude. Many things you said reminded me of myself, living in the country and working the soil and doing projects. And the Harley, which I haven’t been able to enjoy for a couple years. Also the pull yourself up my the bootstraps comment, which I hate when my mother or father would say to me, but I do repeat it  to myself. You’ve come a long way and I’m very happy for where you are now in your life. And I respect you hanging around bb to help lost souls like myself. Respect to you. ✊🏻

Now I forget where I was going with this.....

My bottle of liquid says diazepam soln 5mg/5ml

I took such a tiny dose out, I was surprised by the upheaval in my symptoms. Could it be the fact I didn’t shake it? Or take it in water or food?  I’m terrified to try it again, but the measuring of pills or making solution would be left up to my husband. He’s done that for so long, I don’t want to put that on him anymore. Of course, he will. I’m in such a fog and dp/dr are a constant, I can’t wrap my head around it.

In your opinion and with your experience, which route do you think would be the best way for me to go?

Thank you so so much!!

If I were in your shoes I would take regular doses as you stated above

"I took my daily dose in pills. I took my night dose 7.5 in pill and .5 mg in  the liquid"

The only thing I would do different is hold for a week or so then begin taper when I felt more comfortable. Remember to shake the bottle well, remove desired dose then put it in applesauce or what ever you desire.

Your strength will guide you through this process.Try not to get discouraged... you will be back on the Hog tearing up the road before you know it. It is worth the effort to get off this poison. Stay strong and continue to reach out. You will find a lot of support here :smitten:

[1a...]

I don't post often and I don't recall posting in a DLMT thread. I have posted in the Titration section most often.

I do not use a pharma made liquid V, I make my own with full fat homogeneous milk and V pills that I do not ever cut in half. I take my 6 mg's V and convert that in to all liquid using the above milk at a 1:10 ratio and take fractional amounts off daily and very slowly. I keep my doses evenly spread throughout the day and listen to my body. i did not start removing anything until a full 3 weeks after switching to liquid.

I think there is some confusion on what actual pharma liquid you have.

Is it this one by Hikma(which is not Intensol)?:

image.cfm?id=208708&name=fpl-label-5mg-per-5ml-os-08.jpg

As I have not used it, I don't feel I am someone that can advise, builder, used pharma liquid and would have the most experience, IMO.

Thank you Bella!

Thank you Benzo-off.  It was the titration thread  I read so much yesterday before I got the courage to ask for help.  I won’t hesitate next time.

You’ve all been so helpful.

I wish I had the paper for the solution, but the bottle does say 5mg= 5 l

I will hold til I can function a bit more, then continue my taper, whether  it be the pharmacy liquid or cut and weigh, which is daunting. Actually this whole process is quite daunting.

TY

[1a...]

A suggestion would be to call the pharmacy that you filled the RX with. They can tell you what it is.

You wrote "Intensol," so someone told you that is what it is. If one is not familiar with Rx liquids, they would have no idea about "Intensol" solutions. If you can get it confirmed, what the actual RX liquid is, a gentle liquid taper can be advised.

Call the pharmacy.

Thank you Bella!

Thank you Benzo-off.  It was the titration thread  I read so much yesterday before I got the courage to ask for help.  I won’t hesitate next time.

You’ve all been so helpful.

I wish I had the paper for the solution, but the bottle does say 5mg= 5 l

I will hold til I can function a bit more, then continue my taper, whether  it be the pharmacy liquid or cut and weigh, which is daunting. Actually this whole process is quite daunting.

TY

You are welcome  Lilgma!

This process can be over whelming but once you get going it real is easy. IMO the cut a weigh is more of a p.i.t.a. that titration. With titration it is simple to make a solution.

For Valium (1ml=1mg) this is how easy:

1) Put 1ml ethanol or vodka in a suitable container.

2) Add 10mg tab of Valium (let sit about 10 minutes or until broken down)

3) Add 9ml of distilled water and shake before using

Voila done... takes about one minute. No big deal... try not to be intimidated by this process.  :thumbsup:

Ok builder and Bella,

That sounds easy. But the vodka, I know it’s a small amount, wouldn’t have any effect on the benzo wd’s?  Even though that sounds great after all these years, I’m a lightweight. I’ve just read so much about no alcohol during taper. I know a couple beers while first on these drugs would kick my butt.

Now I’m just going to be nervous about everything.

Thanks guys

[1a...]

The ethanol is used to disintegrate the benzo, the amount is nothing to concern yourself with.

You can always use full fat homogeneous milk, works very well for tapering V or K if ethanol is not something you want to use. It is up to you and you do have options.

No worries with the alcohol. 1ml equals 20 drops. If there is one ml in a solution containing 10 mg and your dose is .5ml you you will be consuming 1 drop of alcohol per dose or 2 drops if you use cheap 40% vodka. FYI one solution prepared by Roche uses 19% ethanol.