Acid Reflux W/D or I just have it ? Not Lots of posts on AR ? True ?

[da...]

Hi, Could it be that we have just acquired acid reflux and it is not a w/d symptom. I don't see a lot of posts on it.

It could be me and not searching properly. Even in Ashton, yes it says heartburn, but everyone experiences heartburn on occasion according to all I have read, acid reflux is a horrible wake up in the middle of the night burning hell or even in the day or even when you eat sometimes. So I am confused, even though when it started...it started when tolerance was just in it's infancy and I had just got some bad news. I mean literally right after that.

Need some buddy help here please.

I guess the question is... did it start for you during withdrawal or tolerance or did you have it before ?

Peace, Love, Happiness,

David

Acid reflux was definitely what first hit me hard, as a red flag that something was seriously wrong. Burning throat and esophageal issues and eventual compromised voice. All the above were never issues until I reacted to a 3 year daily use of Ambien for sleep.

I was misdiagnosed and on several occasions prescribed PPI's. I decided to not take PPI’s especially since I had NO clue why my throat was burning. And as it turned out neither did the plethora of doctors whom I would see during what turned into a one year, intense, fiery ordeal.

It took a year before I did a search on benzo’s/&z-drugs.

In that year of being in the dark, I had many tests including drinking Barium and having the scope check. I was desperate to know what was wrong…can’t believe I drank that stuff (drank it in front of several pre-med students…it must have been amusing). I was desperate to get answers and eventual relief. Neither were attained until my Internet search that led me to the Ashton Manual.

Where would we be without Professor Heather Ashton's humane concern on this subject of benzo's?

Reflux worse on quetiapine and was bad on SSRI. Also anticholinergic so affect the peristalsis.

The valve at bottom of bed relaxes and up comes the acid.

Suggest bricks under top of bed, and extra pillow and Gaviscon advance.

For me avoid red wine.

Dick

During post jump my GI system was greatly affected by downregulation of Gaba and and an over production of acid that caused me to have gastritis as well. So I had to watch my diet and take omeprazole from 40mg, then 20mg then to 10mg for about three months. I am doing well now and can eat just about anything and don't have the reflux.