Six months out - doing well.

[Ca...]

So I haven't posted recently....... I think the internal rewiring is pretty much done, I'm enjoying a really good window - like maybe 2 weeks now. Nothing happens in a vacuum, of course, and there have been tweaks to my A/D medication as well as some life changes, but the mood is good, optimistic. I've got a lot more energy and am able to enjoy the good things in life in a way that I haven't known for...... as long as I can remember. People are noticing this - my relationships are improving massively - I almost feel normal  :laugh:

MAZEL TOV! SO THRILLED FOR YOU, Cap'n! I went back and read some of your earlier posts and you are giving me HOPE that I can survive this, as well. May I ask what symptoms you experienced?

• 2 weeks later...
:(  I spoke too soon!  In the same way that we often think the waves of misery wil never end, I fell into the trap of confusing a lengthy window with a total turnaround  :-\ So, proceed with caution........  :thumbsup:

:(  I spoke too soon!  In the same way that we often think the waves of misery wil never end, I fell into the trap of confusing a lengthy window with a total turnaround  :-\ So, proceed with caution........  :thumbsup:

So are you back in a wave right now? If so I am so sorry to hear that and I feel for you. It happened to me as well but in month 7.

Thank you. Yes, back down in the dumps  :(

I had a "senior moment" on Tuesday night when I fell asleep in an armchair after taking my nightly dose of seroquel (100mg). Woke up confused, sweating and nauseous - fainted and cracked my head open on a door frame! This time I blame the seroquel.... that's another drug I'll be tapering off over the next few weeks. Never a dull moment!

Thank you. Yes, back down in the dumps  :(

I had a "senior moment" on Tuesday night when I fell asleep in an armchair after taking my nightly dose of seroquel (100mg). Woke up confused, sweating and nauseous - fainted and cracked my head open on a door frame! This time I blame the seroquel.... that's another drug I'll be tapering off over the next few weeks. Never a dull moment!

So sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon

You poor guy Capt

I fell over in the post office yesterday. 

Prob the Seroquel/ pregabalin mix

Get well soon

D

Captain,

Sorry to hear about the new wave.  Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon.  Everyone and every condition is different so you have to make your own decision but my doctor also prescribed me Olanzapine when I was really struggling with sleep and anxiety during withdrawal but I never took it for many reasons.  Now I'm glad I didn't because I am 6 months out post withdrawal and sleep and anxiety are much better.

Getting off the other other drug(s) is probably a very good idea. A/D's are as bad for your brain as Benzos. All the best!

Yes, the wave has subsided - thanks for asking. Also, I am phasing out the Seroquel, hoping to settle at 40mg Paroxetine with a view to eventually phasing that out too. This whole process takes time but I'm definitely having more and more good days and learning that the only way to get through the waves is patience and distraction. For what it's worth, we've just got a couple of kitty cats (brother & sister) and caring for them and watching them play is a good example of what I mean by distraction. Plus a bit of self-directed CBT - pushing my comfort zone limits. Plus work. I took 4 months off last year to wallow in depression - in retrospect I think that wasn't a great strategy. It's not only about medication and dosages  :thumbsup:

Good luck with the Seroquel withdrawal, I have posted elsewhere the Maudsley detox which seems really very fast.  Ensure you still get sleep

Best wishes

Dick

Captain,

Kitty cats should be a great distraction, such love and fun.  Two are more fun than one.  I want a cat!  May your taper from Seroquel be easy and uneventful.

SS

Glad you are feeling better. I am also getting better but only 3 weeks out. I slept over 8 hours last nigh where the previous night was about 5 hrs.

My relationships are also getting better, clonazepam sucks the emotions our you and people dont want to be around that. They dont know your situation so. I always say: everyone has a story to tell so dont be quick to make judgments.

More on my end of benzodiazepine story as time passes. So far its been better every weeks. Feeling much better.

J Stone

Get well quickly! I'm six months pregnant too! These waves are just boring. Sometimes I feel almost 100% , and then wham, again and again. Hold on! Hugs!