Alternative to Liquid Lorazepam?

[Fo...]

Hello,

I was hoping to continue my Lorazepam taper with a prescription from my Dr. for Lorazepam Intensol liquid concentrate that I understand to be 2 mg. per ml.

It turns out my Dr. is unavailable until June, and my question is, can I make my own liquid Lorazepam at that concentration and then dilute it? I know this benzo does not dissolve in water, and I can’t have alcohol in any amount- is there a way I can use another substance into which I would crush and mix the tablets? And come up with a concentrate with the same proportions as the prescription Lorazepam?

I ask this because I think I finally understand!! builder’s explanation on how to dilute the concentrate (the liquid Rx) and use it to taper at my dose of 1.25 mg.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you,

FD

Use this ratio:

1mg + 2ml PG (or vodka) + 8ml water.  That gives you a finished solution, .1mg=1ml.

At your dose (1.25mg)  I would do 12mgs + 24mls solvent + 96 mls water.  That will give you 120ml, .1mg per ml, approx a 10 day supply.

NOTE: Refrigeration NOT required.

Thank you builder - just so I understand - ( this is a quote is from a previous post of mine where I was asking you about using Intensol Lorazepam.)

In that post you said that “....The easiest to take your daily dose in the same proportions you are now using is extract the full days dose (12.5ml/1.25mg) and put it in a measuring cup.  Top up the cup with more water (or juice, etc) to 1.25 cups.  Then each day drink .5 cups + .25 cups + .5 cups.

Then as  you lower your dose , for example by .002mg/.02ml

12.5ml

12.48ml

12.46ml

12.44ml ....”

Does this apply to the 10 day supply you’re talking about now? Sorry, I just want to be sure I’m understanding it correctly.

And the “12 mg.“ is that 12 - 1mg. tablets, or 24 - .5mg tablets?

Do I drop the tablets in and wait for them to dissolve or crush them first and mix it in?

Thanks for your patience and understanding. I want to get this right and not make a mistake with it.

ForestDweller

Thank you builder - just so I understand - ( this is a quote is from a previous post of mine where I was asking you about using Intensol Lorazepam.)

In that post you said that “....The easiest to take your daily dose in the same proportions you are now using is extract the full days dose (12.5ml/1.25mg) and put it in a measuring cup.  Top up the cup with more water (or juice, etc) to 1.25 cups.  Then each day drink .5 cups + .25 cups + .5 cups.

Then as  you lower your dose , for example by .002mg/.02ml

12.5ml

12.48ml

12.46ml

12.44ml ....”

Does this apply to the 10 day supply you’re talking about now? Sorry, I just want to be sure I’m understanding it correctly.

And the “12 mg.“ is that 12 - 1mg. tablets, or 24 - .5mg tablets?

Do I drop the tablets in and wait for them to dissolve or crush them first and mix it in?

Thanks for your patience and understanding. I want to get this right and not make a mistake with it.

ForestDweller

1)  Prepare a multi-day supply of liquid benzo.  Now think of it the same as you would any liquid medicine you would get from the pharmacy.  It's no different.  It's just a bottle of medicine.

2)  Each day, measure out  the scheduled dose from that supply, again, just like you would any other medicine.

3)  If you want to divide it into mini-doses, put the total dose in measuring cup, and then top it up to some convenient total.  For 4 or less daily doses, topping up to 1 full cup works fine.  So for 4 doses, you would take 1/4 cup, 3 doses, 1/3 cup, or 2 doses, 1/2 cup.

If  you're taking variable doses, like the example above, and want to keep the same prorportions, just divide your dilute daily total in the same proportion as your varying tablet doses.

( Keeping doses uniform/consistent is usually NOT as important as folks tend to believe.)

Thank you. And the “12 mgs.” mixed with the solvent and the water is

12 - 1 mg. tablets or 24 - 0.5 mg. tablets?

Thank you. And the “12 mgs.” mixed with the solvent and the water is

12 - 1 mg. tablets or 24 - 0.5 mg. tablets?

"12 milligrams" means 12 milligrams.  That would be 24 X .5, 12 X 1, etc. 

The solubility ratios (1mg:2ml) are a function of the benzo content, NOT that tablet weight or size.

I see.  I was asking simply if this means that don’t need a scale: I dissolve twelve one millligram tablets in 24 mls. of solvent, and then add 96 ml. of water. Is that right? I’m sorry, just having a lot of cognitive fog, thank you for your patience.

I see.  I was asking simply if this means that don’t need a scale: I dissolve twelve one millligram tablets in 24 mls. of solvent, and then add 96 ml. of water. Is that right? I’m sorry, just having a lot of cognitive fog, thank you for your patience.

Yes, that's correct. 

And you do NOT need a scale.