Klonopin first time taper, need help with schedule.

[No...]

After 14 years of taking this drug as needed for anxiety I have begun to realize I need and want to be done with it. I generally have taken it a few days apart in various mgs never above 2mg in any given day. Recently I had some significant withdrawal symptoms after 4-5 days of no use so I decided to take 1/2mg at night and start a taper. After a few days of 1/2mg I am pretty stable so I want to get going with DLMT.

Can you give me some guidance on wether to use milk or vodka? I’m ok with both but travel quite a bit so I need something mobile.

Also where do I find supplies? I found some syringes on amazon but need guidance on beakers and travel containers if possible.

Also need help on a taper plan as I have no clue how to set this up. I’m ok with a faster style taper but will listen to my body and change course if needed.

Thank y’all so much for your help!!!

Currently on 1/2mg of Klonopin at night.

Edit: Using 1mg pills, cutting them in half currently.

Hello. Congrats on making the decision to taper off.

I too travel a lot and have found no problem taking my homemade liquid meds through TSA security.

I recommend asking Builder for help with your taper as well as using the Jim Hawk calculator found below. I would be a total lost cause if it wasn't for this calculator.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

Builder will help you determine the volumes, reductions, etc.

Best of luck to you!

After 14 years of taking this drug as needed for anxiety I have begun to realize I need and want to be done with it. I generally have taken it a few days apart in various mgs never above 2mg in any given day. Recently I had some significant withdrawal symptoms after 4-5 days of no use so I decided to take 1/2mg at night and start a taper. After a few days of 1/2mg I am pretty stable so I want to get going with DLMT.

Can you give me some guidance on wether to use milk or vodka? I’m ok with both but travel quite a bit so I need something mobile.

Also where do I find supplies? I found some syringes on amazon but need guidance on beakers and travel containers if possible.

Also need help on a taper plan as I have no clue how to set this up. I’m ok with a faster style taper but will listen to my body and change course if needed.

Thank y’all so much for your help!!!

Currently on 1/2mg of Klonopin at night.

Edit: Using 1mg pills, cutting them in half currently.

If convenience is a factor, then the vodka method better.

The ratios are 1mg K: 2ml vodka : 8ml water.  This gives you a finished solution of .1mg per ml. It can be stored/transported at room temp.

Using those ratios, and given your current dosage (.5mg/day) ...

Combine 5mg + 10ml vodka + 40ml water.  That gives you 50ml, .1mg per ml. That will be approx a 10-12 day supply.

Here's a moderate taper plan...6%/10 days

.5mg X 6% = .03mg

.03mg/10 days =.003mg/day reduction

Schedule:

.5mg                    5ml

.497mg                4.97ml

.494mg                4.94ml

.491mg                4.91ml

etc.....

Just reduce your dose .03ml (.003mg) each day.

If you want to change the taper rate, just plug in your own numbers and follow my calculation