TEACHERS, How do you make it through the school day during & after taper?

[jo...]

I am fairly new to this support site and I am sure this question has asked many times before.  For that I apologize.

For all of you in the education profession ( teachers, administrators, etc.) and still work full time, how do you make it through the day while trying to taper?  What are your coping skills when you just can't leave work or the classroom?

I still have a couple of weeks before I begin my taper, but I just wanted to know what to expect beforehand and the best way to deal with it. 

Thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a professor, so I CAN just leave the classroom if I'm having trouble coping. I tell my students at the beginning of the semester that I'm detoxing from a psych med so if display any strange behavior please understand, and I tell them I would just leave the room if I have an anxiety attack or something and then class is over. I'm lucky being a professor over public school teaching. I also only teach 3 nights a week.

I just sat through an IEP meeting for a high school student and there were about ten people there. I thought I was going to pass out when it came to my turn to talk. I've been off the medication (Klonopin) for a full year now, and teaching is a brutal job during this. The problem for me is I was on the medication for my job. And now I just keep going regardless of how much anxiety or how bad I feel. I really don't want to quit because of this though.