10 months out and still having zero nights and can’t nap..is this normal?

[St...]

Stacey,

It's not as common but what you describe is within the realm of BB normal. I think the first time I "napped" was around 11 months in after having to rake for 2.5 hours (and I have CFS so I was absolutely dead) I was lying on the couch unable to move and I kind of drifted for about 5 minutes. Not full sleep but it was the first time so I was excited. I didn't yawn for around a year unless I made myself yawn in kind of a fake way. The yawning thing is a more common symptom with seroquel wd. I had zero nights, at least occasionally for a couple of years and months after I got off the very last drug (amit). I've read similar things from others. I know I'm an extreme case but it helped not to be alone. Siggy and theway I believe, had the zero nights longer term too. Try to keep in mind that it's zero "perceived" sleep unless you're up and walking around. Stage 1 sleep is *very* difficult to detect when in wd but it helps keeps us alive and (semi) sane.

MT :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks for the replies...yeah, this weird not knowing if I slept or not is driving me nuts! I feel crazy! Like I’m laying there all night long and then I felt like I had a vivid dream but can’t recollect when it could have been. I have no idea when I wake up either which is strange. Never feel sleepy or tired likena normal person. My head feels weird. Almost like it’s numb inside. This whole thing is hell!!

Yes, Stacey. This whole thing is absolutely freaking bizarre what it does to us (and maddening) and it feels like you're swimming in the fires of hell. I remember that weirdness with dreams too. At times I thought I was hallucinating but over time I figured out they were dreams that happened during very light sleep. When this started happening was when I started making more progress so maybe it's a good sign.

Yes, Stacey. This whole thing is absolutely freaking bizarre what it does to us (and maddening) and it feels like you're swimming in the fires of hell. I remember that weirdness with dreams too. At times I thought I was hallucinating but over time I figured out they were dreams that happened during very light sleep. When this started happening was when I started making more progress so maybe it's a good sign.

Are you back to normal now? Is there any hope?

I've not been normal since first having insomnia in 7th grade and then getting hit with CFS. But I've made dramatic progress. Most of the time I get 6 or 7 hours, broken up. I have occasional wavy times when it's worse but it's not clear to me that this is wd as opposed to the CFS flaring up. I never thought I'd get this much sleep back. When I was polydrugged they kept adding more and more meds to help me sleep so my brain has resisted the sleep concept for a long time despite the intensity of my fatigue. But this is manageable. You'll do so much better with not having the baggage of these other conditions.

Are you back to normal now? Is there any hope?