Possible side effects! Please help!

[Ra...]

I had extremely bizarre dreams, muscle/body pain and insomnia last night like never before. I've only just begun tapering after almost a year hold on Clonazepam and I'm going extreme slow. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a fluke?  I haven't had a lot of symptoms doing this taper but possibly my body isn't liking anything below 0.25 mg's.  Has anyone else noticed this?

[3d...]

Our bodies are sensitive to reductions. Once we reach a low dose and .25 mgs K is a low dose, you may need to lower your cut rate.

Your body is dictating to you it needs a lower cut rate, IMO.

I wonder if the percentage change from your first to your second reduction is a factor? Your first reduction from .25 to .245 was a 2% cut but your second reduction from .245 to .235 was a little over 4%.  Here’s an online calculator you can use to calculate percentage change:

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

I had extremely bizarre dreams, muscle/body pain and insomnia last night like never before. I've only just begun tapering after almost a year hold on Clonazepam and I'm going extreme slow. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a fluke?  I haven't had a lot of symptoms doing this taper but possibly my body isn't liking anything below 0.25 mg's.  Has anyone else noticed this?

That muscle/body pain is very common in benzo withdrawal. I had that too. It seemed to come and go, especially towards the end of my taper. It lessened in intensity and duration then finally went away. I have observed many others having this as well. Just push through and keep on truckin'  :thumbsup:

I wonder if the percentage change from your first to your second reduction is a factor? Your first reduction from .25 to .245 was a 2% cut but your second reduction from .245 to .235 was a little over 4%.  Here’s an online calculator you can use to calculate percentage change:

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

Look at the dates beside the doses. It took me 10-days to get from .245 to .235.  That was 10 doses not one.  ???:smitten:

That muscle/body pain is very common in benzo withdrawal. I had that too. It seemed to come and go, especially towards the end of my taper. It lessened in intensity and duration then finally went away. I have observed many others having this as well. Just push through and keep on truckin'  :thumbsup:

Hey Bella! Hi and thank you for the encouragement.  I'm trying to do this slow and it's hard to tell if these are side effects or life effects! Lol!  ::)

Hey Bella! Hi and thank you for the encouragement.  I'm trying to do this slow and it's hard to tell if these are side effects or life effects! Lol!  ::)

Ya the whole process can make our heads :D Try not to worry...you will get there :thumbsup:

Ya the whole process can make our heads :D Try not to worry...you will get there :thumbsup:

I figured out the culprit that was giving me nightmares.  I took a Benadryl to try and sleep and it didn't make me sleep or feel very well and then the nightmares.  So nix the Benadryl and the Melatonin that made me feel really sick.  I'm just sticking with my multi-vitamin and probiotic. No more meds for sleep and I'm going to slow down on my taper.  :-[