Anyone Please ! Scared Frequent Skipped Beats Every Afternoon !

[da...]

Hi, please help if anyone can relate...I have always had skipped beats from anxiety and now with severe anxiety and then a rapid taper of.5 a day of xanax to 1.0mg's down from 2.5mgs I am experiencing frequent skipped beats every afternoon and till evening time and I mean scared. Now I have had this before and had all the tests, but this is been happening for a few days now and it's scaring me to death. Has anyone had these frequent skipped beats and has I get more anxious I am getting more and more and feel like I want to panic and that I am going to die.

I am so sorry I am so fearful at this time, but I need some experienced folks

I need to hear related stories of severe skipped beats it's like every afternoon it didn't bother me that much before, but now it's severe anxiety and adrenaline. I was told a long while back after every test benign, but multiple times every hour. I know I am making it worse, but need to hear some related stories to calm me down...Thank you very much in advance

Please someone help

David...in total fear

Hi, please help if anyone can relate...I have always had skipped beats from anxiety and now with severe anxiety and then a rapid taper of.5 a day of xanax to 1.0mg's down from 2.5mgs I am experiencing frequent skipped beats every afternoon and till evening time and I mean scared. Now I have had this before and had all the tests, but this is been happening for a few days now and it's scaring me to death. Has anyone had these frequent skipped beats and has I get more anxious I am getting more and more and feel like I want to panic and that I am going to die.

I am so sorry I am so fearful at this time, but I need some experienced folks

I need to hear related stories of severe skipped beats it's like every afternoon it didn't bother me that much before, but now it's severe anxiety and adrenaline. I was told a long while back after every test benign, but multiple times every hour. I know I am making it worse, but need to hear some related stories to calm me down...Thank you very much in advance

Please someone help

David...in total fear

Hi Dave, been there for sure.  You're in a vicious cycle and you need to mentally break it.  Skipped beats are only muscle spasms... they can't hurt you but they can scare you. 

It's easier said than done but do not worry about them.  It's taken me 6 months for them to not frighten me and propranlol has helped a ton.  It's a beta blocker that is much more safe in the long run than increasing your benzo dose.

I hope my post helps, davesupport.

I've had skipped beats for many, many years on the benzo and now, while tapering and even before I ever began the benzo.  My pulse rate has also gotten down in the 30s, but I don't have any heart problem.  I'm 70 now and still going relatively strong.  They used to scare me like crazy but after all these years, I've gotten accustomed to it but to be honest, it's still concerning to a certain extent.  The other day it felt like my heart was flopping around like a fish (had that many times, too), very erratic beats and I coughed a few times to get it 'back in gear.'  It worked.

Wishing you well.

[5b...]

I hear ya its so scary pvcs and palpitations, its like, thats my heart! the little engine driving my life.

Ive had palps on and off throughout this whole ordeal, but now ive had them for the last 7, 8 months or so. theyve reduced in frequency and intensity, but i still have a few a day sometimes. they can still freak me out a bit, ive at once gotten used to them but also get upset with them on bad days.

now ive read people on here who were literally having them every few moments, a couple folks have reported feeling hundreds a day, and still got checked out fine with their cardiologist.

im not a dr of course, but from what my own cardiologist and pcp have told me, palpitations, skipped beats, are overwhelmingly harmless. even when you feel pretty solid ones. they dont affect overall health, or shorten life, its like a little blurb from the nervous system. most people experiencing them it hasnt anything to do with any mechanical problems with the heart itself, its our friggin nervous systems a bit haywire.

if youve been checked out and youre generally healthy, theyre not gonna hurt ya. i know they can be scary, but theres actually a lot of folks who just live with them even beyond any benzo ordeal. my dad is 76 and hes gotten them for decades, an occasional little press in his chest he says, but hes (knock on wood :P) very healthy for his age and very active.

youll be ok, one day you will be engaged in something and youll realize, hey i havent felt any in a while.

hang in there man.

I can relate to what you are going through.  I just came out of a wave where I had this going on everyday, almost all day without any relief and yes its scary as hell but it won't hurt or kill you.  Just hang in there and remember this is just part of recovery.  Easier said than done but you can get through this.  I feel like mine come and go with the severity of the anxiety. 

It is all only benzo wd. Also.....remember your fear is greatly heightened at this time because you have an imbalance of glutamate coursing through your body until your gaba mechanism begins to properly regulate once again. You will have dozens of wd symptoms that you will confuse with something real happening to you.....especially with your heart flipping out. But it is all only benzo wd. So hunker down and face this head on with as least worry as possible. Good luck!

Nice post, Wind. You seem to have settled down and become more supportive now. Good job.

None of this stuff is easy. It stinks!

east

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I have suffered from the skipped beats since before I started to taper. The wily were incredibly strong up until about the 9 month mark for me. They still happen occasionally, but not nearly as intense or as frequent as they were. I still have some nagging chest pain, not sure if it’s muscular or not, but combine that with the weird heartbeats and I thought I was dying all the time! I still get stuck in that train of thought once in a while, but I’m working towards breaking the cycle. Here’s to tomorrow, and the day after that.

Cheers!!!

You are not alone! I’m 29 and had a completely healthy heart before all of this, now between low electrolytes and CT most of my symptoms are heart related. Constant chest pain, pauses, flutters rapid bpm up to 180 one time, lightheaded, trouble breathing. I went to the the hospital More times then I care to admit before I was able to peace together what had happen to me.