Author Topic: 5 Years Free and Still Walking the Path to the Sea  (Read 2854 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 5 Years Free and Still Walking the Path to the Sea
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 08:27:49 pm »

Well Done with recovery and a beautiful powerful render of your story.  :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 03:41:54 am »
Dear [...],
Your voice of serenity and wisdom stood its ground as does the massive rock that's hit over and over again by the wave.
Great to see you healthy and making it to the Sea.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2019, 04:17:31 pm »
Dear [...],
Your voice of serenity and wisdom stood its ground as does the massive rock that's hit over and over again by the wave.

[...]

Dear [...] :mybuddy: Indeed! We each become grounded in our own way - rocks have many things to teach us ;-) So lovely to hear from you again, you've such a gentle wit! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2019, 04:03:17 am »
[...]   thank you for your mesanjes are very encouraging, for me as many of here seems not to end. What a madness this trip. I'm taking a ppi that the dr sent me for reflux, but it still does not help much the symptom does not go away. I do not know what to do or do not want to spend a lot of time in these ppi. any ideas? vpy to buy gi-encap

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2019, 03:52:00 pm »
Aft35,

Congrats on your new life.  Thanks for depicting your journey beautifully.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2019, 11:15:36 pm »
Dear [...], Thank YOU for reading!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2019, 11:56:47 pm »
Dear [...],

[...]

Dear [...] :mybuddy: Indeed! We each become grounded in our own way - rocks have many things to teach us ;-) So lovely to hear from you again, you've such a gentle wit! :smitten:

:thumbsup: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 04:32:36 pm »
I love this story, it really speaks to the use of mindfulness as a tool to healing. Bumped.

Na-  :angel:

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 03:16:58 pm »
Dear Aft35,

Thank you for your story and images.  I needed to hear this today as its been a tough week. 

I too was pollydrugged and now am tapeing benzos for the second time.

I'm trying to so a symtoms based micro taper and that is even hard for me. 

Did you do any long holds during your taper?  This has been such a painful journey and I just want to keep going so I can off but its hard and I'm older now.

So glad to hear you are thriving.

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 03:21:10 pm »
Thank you so much for your beautiful words!

Your story was exactly what I needed to read today.

I've recently had a similar experience regarding acceptance. It happened right after I found this forum and realized that my suffering (6 mos after last benzo) was far from unique, and that the path to recovery wasn't a straight line.

By accepting that the waves of wd symptoms are what they are, by fully accepting that my best path through these waves isn't to fight but rather release all resistance and simply let it pass, my quality of life has improved enormously. I've been learning, too, not to wait for long periods of relief, but rather to accept and enjoy each good moment as it comes. And to let it go, too, (because it will go) and appreciate it more fully for exactly what it is.

I've found tremendous relief from guided meditation via a free app called Insight Timer--my brain is too jumpy to meditate without a calm voice to help me stay present. But there's a wonderful guided meditation/visualization called "Welcoming Acceptance" by Bethany Auriel-Hagan that I've really connected with. I'm certain I'll be listening to it regularly for years to come. But I wanted to share that with you and the forum.

Thank you again for your story. It's more than encouraging. It provides a solid truth in a world where reality isn't quite so solid these days--that I, too, will heal. And it helps so much to be reminded of that!