Swelling

[Iw...]

Yes! I started experiencing this in tolerance withdrawal. It would get really bad whenever I took medications or was experiencing panic attacks. One of the nights after jumping I had a horrible panic attack so I tried to walk it off. About 4.5 miles later I couldn’t take it anymore & ended up going to the ER. While laying on a gurney I removed my shoes and found that my feet & ankles swelled up so badly that blisters had formed under both big toe nails as well as one of my ring toes. The swelling went down after about an hour or so but the blisters were so bad that my toe nails ended up coming off. This has also happened to my hands & fingers. They’ve gotten so fat that I’ve had trouble even bending them. Joints feel extremely tight & visibly swollen. It almost seems like an allergic reaction but tends to die down after the whatever stimulation has discontinued. Although the more I’ve exercised, the more it’s gone away. In month 6 now & hasn’t happened since month 5 even after access stimulation.
  • Sad 1

Iwillmakeit,

I cannot answer your question without more info. How old are you? Are you on any meds now other than benzos? What is your basic medical history?

If you are a young person, say under 40, this might be a WD thing. If older than that, it might warrant a medical eval. But without for info I cannot guide you more. Feel free to PM me. I am a nurse, btw.

east

Iwillmakeit,

I cannot answer your question without more info. How old are you? Are you on any meds now other than benzos? What is your basic medical history?

If you are a young person, say under 40, this might be a WD thing. If older than that, it might warrant a medical eval. But without for info I cannot guide you more. Feel free to PM me. I am a nurse, btw.

east

Hello East-

I realize you mean well by this post however it is clearly in violation of forum rules a polices.

Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments to other members.This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications.

Here is link to the policies and quoted text.

By extension of the above principles, it would be inappropriate for members to attempt to 'diagnose' ailments of (or 'prescribe' treatments for) other members. Whilst it is permitted for members to discuss their wider medical problems and needs, especially as they relate to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, it is important to understand the limitations of the BenzoBuddies community. Our focus is upon benzodiazepine withdrawal support; decisions regarding medical treatment are for individual members to take in consultation with a doctor.

A more detailed explanation of the above policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document

In case you are having a memory lapse, please re-familiarize yourself with these policies.

We are trying to be patient but our resources are limited. If you choose to continue to post in this manner and continue to blatantly disregard the rules and policies that Colin has so clearly outlined you will be put on post moderation again east. So the choice is yours...

Bella

Yes. I have noticed that with my hands and arms were having pain due to such swelling..its improved but have not cut my dose yet. ...down again.

• 3 weeks later...