Need help with titration please Builder

[3f...]

[3f...]

Hi,

Need help making a schedule to taper 1mg valium every six weeks, taking tablets plus liquid made with alcohol.

I will have 2mg pills, I take two doses per day (currently 2x5mg)

After the rapid taper my brain is overwhelmed with the math, I was planning to do this before but I was going too fast and now my brain is shot now after psych hospital forced me to rapid taper and I had to reinstate.

I have a graduated cylinder and oral syringes.

Should I cut am or pm dose? I don't even remember where to start with all of this.

Thanks

Hi,

Need help making a schedule to taper 1mg valium every six weeks, taking tablets plus liquid made with alcohol.

I will have 2mg pills, I take two doses per day (currently 2x5mg)

After the rapid taper my brain is overwhelmed with the math, I was planning to do this before but I was going too fast and now my brain is shot now after psych hospital forced me to rapid taper and I had to reinstate.

I have a graduated cylinder and oral syringes.

Should I cut am or pm dose? I don't even remember where to start with all of this.

Thanks

Combine 50mgs + 100ml vodka + 400ml water.  That will be approx a 10 day supply, .1mg  per ml.

To do a 5%/2 week taper:

10mg X 5% = .5mg

.5mg/14 days = .035mg/day reduction

Start with a tablet + liquid taper, and make reductions from the liquid.

Schedule:

5mg tablet                    5mg (50ml) liquid

5mg                              4.965mg (49.65ml)

5mg                              4.93mg (49.3ml)

5mg                              4.895mg (48.95ml)

etc....

Just lower your dose by .35ml each day.

• 3 weeks later...
[3f...]
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying take the whole dose as liquid or I take 4mg of tablets and then 1ml-0.35mg per day. And also I'm not doing a 5%/two week taper it's 10% per six weeks...please clarify I'm frustrated. Thanks

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying take the whole dose as liquid or I take 4mg of tablets and then 1ml-0.35mg per day. And also I'm not doing a 5%/two week taper it's 10% per six weeks...please clarify I'm frustrated. Thanks

10mg X 10% = .1mg

.1mg/ 42 days ( 6 weeks) = .0024mg (round up to .003mg/day)  that's actually 12.5%/6 weeks

4mg tablets                  6mg (60ml) liquid

4mg tablets                  5.997mg (59.97ml) liquid

4mg tablets                  5.994mg (59.94ml) liquid

4mg tablets                  5.991mg (59.91ml) liquid

etc.....

You take the amount in the first column from tablets + the amount of liquid shown in the second column,

[3f...]
Oh ok, thanks. That makes more sense. My MD talked me into doing a cut and hold and I'm paying for it severely rn and my cognitive function is pretty poor.

[3f...]
Hey Builder, so what do you suggest for slowing down my taper then? DLMT for sure. I'm going to stabilze a few more weeks I guess at the 9mg. I'm not sure where to start and my MD is clueless on this. Thanks

Hey Builder, so what do you suggest for slowing down my taper then? DLMT for sure. I'm going to stabilze a few more weeks I guess at the 9mg. I'm not sure where to start and my MD is clueless on this. Thanks

The plan I gave you is already a pretty slow taper.

But one of the neat things about DLMT is you can fine tune it infinitely different ways.  If you want to go slower, instead of reducing .35ml each day, reduce .30ml, each day, or .25ml, or whatever rate you choose.

[3f...]

Ok thanks again. I finally gained some mental clarity days from some major lifestyle changes and math makes sense again sometimes. It's amazing how damaged our cognition can be, it's humbling and frustrating for me because I'm very intellectual and even studied science.

Question: I have a pretty large amount of 190 proof alcohol, so 80%, could I then use half the amount, or 1ml:1mg diazepam (vs vodka)? And if so, do I just increase the amount of water to 450ml, so the total is still 500ml?

Thanks for what you do.

Ok thanks again. I finally gained some mental clarity days from some major lifestyle changes and math makes sense again sometimes. It's amazing how damaged our cognition can be, it's humbling and frustrating for me because I'm very intellectual and even studied science.

Question: I have a pretty large amount of 190 proof alcohol, so 80%, could I then use half the amount, or 1ml:1mg diazepam (vs vodka)? And if so, do I just increase the amount of water to 450ml, so the total is still 500ml?

Thanks for what you do.

If your using a 190 proof (that's actually 95% alcohol, BTW), then yes, you only need half as much...1ml will dissolve 1mg.

And yes, you increase the amount of water.  You want to keep the .1mg=1ml concentration

• 4 weeks later...
[3f...]

Hi,

So, I'm finally stable to start my DLMT. If I only want to taper the 1mg dry pill as liquid at a time (vs the whole 5mg dose), and take the rest as pills, would this be my correct formula? I want to taper at 0.04mg/d

10mg diazepam + 10ml everclear + 90ml water = 0.1mg/ml solution ??

So I would take:

AM                                      PM

Day 1    4mg Pills + 10ml sol                      4mg Pills

Day 2    4mg Pills + 9.6ml sol                    4mg Pills

Day 3    4mg Pills + 9.2ml sol                    4mg Pills 

Day 4    4mg Pills + 8.8ml sol                    4mg Pills

...and so on

Does this look right? I apparently can't even multiply by two so I thought I'd run it by you...thanks

Yes...

starting a 9mg/day

cutting .04mg/day

with .1mg per ml solution

your numbers are correct.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[3f...]

I made the suspension, there is a thick layer on the bottom of the jar. I thought you had made a post about this but I can't find it. Do we need to agitate the liquid before pulling off the dose, or is this just excipients? Also, I'm not sure that my stomach is tolerating the alcohol, already having unusual GI reaction. I can't tolerate milk or anything with xanthan gum like ora plus. What to do? I was thinking of just holding the initial full dose for a week or so to adjust to any change, I'm very sensitive.

Thanks

I made the suspension, there is a thick layer on the bottom of the jar. I thought you had made a post about this but I can't find it. Do we need to agitate the liquid before pulling off the dose, or is this just excipients? Also, I'm not sure that my stomach is tolerating the alcohol, already having unusual GI reaction. I can't tolerate milk or anything with xanthan gum like ora plus. What to do? I was thinking of just holding the initial full dose for a week or so to adjust to any change, I'm very sensitive.

Thanks

If you used alcohol (or PG) then you made a solution.

And only a tiny percentage of your tablet is actually diazepam, the rest is inactive excipients, some of which will be insoluble.  That's what you see settling out.  They don't matter.

Actually, once you have dissolved the diazepam, you really shouldn't need to do any additional agitation.  But it doesn't hurt.  And if usually makes feel better. And I did it. ;)