Anyone have severe nausea/stomach burning during taper?

[Lo...]

For the past week I have experienced constant waves of nausea and stomach burning.  I just had a CT scan w/ contrast and barium swallow in November and all was fine.  I'm wondering if this is part of withdrawal.  UGH!  Feel lousy! Of course I think I have an ulcer but was tested for that a year ago and all was fine. 

And.... horrible sweet taste on tongue.  Had CT scan of sinuses this afternoon for that one.  It never ends!

Lori

Acid/reflux very common with anxiety and withdrawal...if you have had a barium swallow and all is fine. That means you have not had heavy amounts of acid coming up in to your esophagus and it's just localized to your stomach and that's pretty normal in w/d. It sounds like your acidity is staying in your stomach and of course it may just be over producing or your stomach is just hypersensitive right now because of your taper. Unfortunately I am experiencing the burning in the stomach and the chest and taste in the mouth. So the acid is moving up in to the mouth especially at night...acid reflux. You said however you have a sweet taste, I have always had a nasty sour should  some kind of taste and something else I can't explain it, but it's horrible. I think since you have been to the doc and had the barium and it was fine and the doctor was not at all concerned it's probably just a withdrawal, but as always if other things develop in your stomach you should let your doctor know. I wish it was only my stomach that burned, but I know it's a distressing symptom even if it's just localized to the stomach.

Peace, Love and happiness

David

For the past week I have experienced constant waves of nausea and stomach burning.  I just had a CT scan w/ contrast and barium swallow in November and all was fine.  I'm wondering if this is part of withdrawal.  UGH!  Feel lousy! Of course I think I have an ulcer but was tested for that a year ago and all was fine. 

And.... horrible sweet taste on tongue.  Had CT scan of sinuses this afternoon for that one.  It never ends!

Lori

Its weird that you mention this.

When I first was tapered off my first medicine (which was very quick) I had many symptoms but  I remember one night in particular when I woke up in a lot of pain in my stomach. I was actually doubled over in pain.

Now since then it has not hurt that bad but it has hurt here and there. But a few weeks ago I started having pain and burning in my stomach. I was getting up in the morning and I was having stomach pain and burning. If i tried to straighten my body up my stomach would burn and hurt. I thought "great now I have ulcer". So I looked some stuff up on ulcers and what to avoid etc. Not too long after that the pain went away again.

Now the last few days. especially yesterday, my nausea has been pretty bad. So who know what it could be. I just assume that its the nerve endings in the stomach reacting to the WD. Or thats what I hope it is.

Good luck