Quick breakfasts that are low in sugar?

[St...]

Hey, buddies. I need ideas for good breakfasts for someone who’s prediabetic that are fairly quick, whole food, etc. I’m trying right now to eat as little processed food as possible in the hope of supporting my CNS. But whatever I do can’t be pure sugar either. And I feel like getting off processed food has helped, obviously. And to top it off I’m trying to walk in the morning. I’d like something where I can get up, eat and go for a walk fairly quickly.

I haven’t gotten this figured out yet, so I was hoping to find some ideas to try out.

Oh, and I’m allergic to eggs, so those are out.

Eggs are my go to breakfast.  Healthy.  Filling.  Inexpensive.

- I typically fry 2 eggs (preferably organic free range, for the omega 3s) in butter (again, organic grass fed for the omega 3s).  Takes 5 minutes tops. 

- Scrambling the eggs is another variation.  Toss in chopped avocado, cheddar cheese, chopped spinach...takes ~7 minutes.

- Even faster are hard boiling a dozen eggs on Sunday night for the work week.  Grab 2 on your way out the door.

Plain organic yogurt and add in fresh blueberries, for a non-egg breakfast

HTH.

sierra  :smitten:

I do Greek yogurt non fat plain with fresh fruit or dried fruit or nuts sometimes. I also do eggs.

Other ideas are turkey sausage or turkey bacon - healthy protein and fewer carbs. Slices of avocado or tomato would be good.  Protein shake.

• 4 weeks later...

if you have 1 hour to cook for a week's worth of breakfasts the following zuchinni bread (tastes like banana walnut bread) and there are egg substitutes out there if you need them.  :thumbsup:

i made this :

https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-zucchini-bread/#wprm-recipe-container-11210

...yesterday, and it made 12 slices, very delicious, no sugar and low carbs. i eat a slice every 8am with my meds so no tummy upset and it stays with me for several hours. i am very sensitive to sugar in all forms, and this is sugar free and very low carb so it is useful and tasty to start my day, stores in the fridge, 7 days of breakfast and extra snacks. you can eat it cold like me or heat up with butter or a nut butter.

i switched a few of things in the recipe:

hemp protein powder instead of whey protein powder so no lactose sugar

monkfruit and xylitol granulated sweetener instead of erythritol so no sugar but sweet and no carbs

palm oil and coconut oil shortening instead of butter so no lactose sugar

added 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract

i used real ceylon cinnamon instead of regular fake cinnamon

the eggs hold it together, however in other recipes i have substituted canned pumpkin pie filling or banana for eggs. you have to experiment to see what works best for you.

[eb...]

if you have 1 hour to cook for a week's worth of breakfasts the following zuchinni bread (tastes like banana walnut bread) and there are egg substitutes out there if you need them.  :thumbsup:

i made this :

https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-zucchini-bread/#wprm-recipe-container-11210

...yesterday, and it made 12 slices, very delicious, no sugar and low carbs. i eat a slice every 8am with my meds so no tummy upset and it stays with me for several hours. i am very sensitive to sugar in all forms, and this is sugar free and very low carb so it is useful and tasty to start my day, stores in the fridge, 7 days of breakfast and extra snacks. you can eat it cold like me or heat up with butter or a nut butter.

i switched a few of things in the recipe:

hemp protein powder instead of whey protein powder so no lactose sugar

monkfruit and xylitol granulated sweetener instead of erythritol so no sugar but sweet and no carbs

palm oil and coconut oil shortening instead of butter so no lactose sugar

added 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract

i used real ceylon cinnamon instead of regular fake cinnamon

the eggs hold it together, however in other recipes i have substituted canned pumpkin pie filling or banana for eggs. you have to experiment to see what works best for you.

Good recipe! When I don’t want traditional breakfast food I’ll eat dinner for breakfast. This morning I had leftover steak and grilled brussells sprouts! I also drink sugar free protein shakes. Atkins brand.