Builder, I think I’m going to start tapering, may I please ask for your help?

[Mo...]

So I’m just in my third week of updose to 1.5mg Ativan and not sure I will get any more stable than this so I might as well try daily liquid reduction at 5%/2weeks (or longer). 

May I ask for the formula to prepare my liquid (vodka) and a schedule/amounts per day?  I am dosing 4 times a day at even amounts of .375mg.

Thank you for your guidance, you’re truly a guru as some have said on the site.

Cheers,

MP

So I’m just in my third week of updose to 1.5mg Ativan and not sure I will get any more stable than this so I might as well try daily liquid reduction at 5%/2weeks (or longer). 

May I ask for the formula to prepare my liquid (vodka) and a schedule/amounts per day?  I am dosing 4 times a day at even amounts of .375mg.

Thank you for your guidance, you’re truly a guru as some have said on the site.

Cheers,

MP

To prepare your liquid:

15mgs K + 30ml vodka + 120ml water.  That's a 10-12 day supply, .1mg-1ml.

To calculate the cut amount:

1.5mg X 10% + .15mg

.15mg/14 days = .01mg/day reduction

To create a schedule:

begin at current dose, and subtract .01mg (.1ml) each day from the previous day's dose

1.5mg              15ml

1.49mg                14.9ml

1.48mg                14.8ml

etc..........

To do multiple (4)  daily doses:

Extract the full days dose and put it a standard measuring cup. 

Top up to 1 full cup with water (or other liquid)

Drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

NOTE:  This is NOT complicated. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH BUILDER!

I noticed you typed put 15mg K, but I’m on Ativan - I take it it’s the same procedure?

Also, I was thinking of starting at 5%/10 days but you calculated for 10%...you think I can manage it with the dose I’m on now?

The way you explained it you are right, it’s not complicated.  I just need to get my syringes and I’ll be ready.

THANK YOU SO MUCH BUILDER!

I noticed you typed put 15mg K, but I’m on Ativan - I take it it’s the same procedure?

Also, I was thinking of starting at 5%/10 days but you calculated for 10%...you think I can manage it with the dose I’m on now?

The way you explained it you are right, it’s not complicated.  I just need to get my syringes and I’ll be ready.

Yes, actually the procedure is the same for any common benzo.

Sorry about the calculation error.  But actually, the point of my closing comment is that this really is a very simple process, and you can just substitute in your own parameters (5%/14 days) and follow the same steps to make it fit your wishes.

Or...you just halve the .01mg/.1ml cut rate to .005mg/.01ml per day.  ;)