Ketamine? (new drug approved)

[...]

I recently saw that a new ketamine based drug has been approved by the FDA for depression.

I was given ketamine for a surgery several months back and it seemed to help a lot of my withdrawal symptoms. And I could certainly benefit from the anti-depressant effects.

What's the current thought on ketamine around here? Is it safe for a benzo damaged brain? Is is counterproductive or stagnating to healing in any way?

It won't hurt healing and may even help with it but it isn't something that should be used daily. I had good results using it a few times a month.

Mamoot - are you still taking it or have you stopped?

The new FDA approved drug is a nasal spray, not intravenous, so I'm not sure if it's effects last as long as the IV infusions do or it's more meant for daily use. 

I haven’t used any in several months but will again. Never  got iv infusions just powdered ketamine and I snorted it. I would use a netti pot after and rinse my nasal cavity. I’m sure they will recommend the esketamine for daily use but with a warning. I would say using it every other week at moderate to heavy dosages is ideal for me. I got the best results with 250mg spread out 6 hours. I never took more than that though