Vision issues

[Lu...]

I was wondering (and I may have already asked this) if having vision issues a normal wd symptom. Like, your vision not being clear even with glasses? I have been to 2 different eye drs trying to get my vision corrected but haven't been very successful in getting my vision clear...I have another appointment Monday to make sure I don't have any issues with my eyes...

This freaked me out while in acute. I’ve read that a lot of people deal with vision issues. Visual disturbances, blurriness, eye floaters, & static snow for example. I mainly had blurry vision that started in my left eye & lasted for a couple weeks then went to my right & lasted the same. At first, I was really worried that my vision was going but now I just attribute it to this crazy drug. I’ve always had really good vision although most of my family members wear glasses. Luckily it went away after the first couple month’s while in acute. On occasion I’ll get some minor blurriness, but nothing like it was in acute & only lasts very briefly. It’s so minor now that it doesn’t even cross my mind thinking that it’s a cause for concern. It seems to b a pretty common sx after cessation of benzo’s but like everything else I’m sure it will cease over time. Hope this can help! All the best in healing

OMG yes.  I thought i was the only one.  I can hardly see what I am typing now so forgive any typos.  I have trouble even with glasses.  It is very scary but perhaps you will feel better knowing you are not the only one.

I'm 5 months off of the ativan...anxiety and this vision stuff (which causes alot of my anxiety) is pretty much my only issues...at this time...

6 weeks off I'm also having Vision issues. My eyes hurt at the end of the day and I feel difficulty focusing objects.

Some days are good while some times I just want to close my eyes and take rest.

Withdrawal is living in hell! :o

I was wondering (and I may have already asked this) if having vision issues a normal wd symptom. Like, your vision not being clear even with glasses? I have been to 2 different eye drs trying to get my vision corrected but haven't been very successful in getting my vision clear...I have another appointment Monday to make sure I don't have any issues with my eyes...

I totally get how frustrating the vision issues are. I wake up every morning feeling like my eyes are glued shut. It’s a really annoying feeling

Yes now that you mention it.

I did have a problem with my eyes that lasted some months.

It did clear up.

I don't remember how long it took it clear up.

But it did.

8 mg clonazepam daily.

Gone in six weeks.

This is a normal BWD symptom. I had tons of floaters for months and blurry vision even WITH my glasses on. Don't be distressed by this. It goes away.

My vision has been blurred even more since my taper ended 3 weeks ago. I’ve almost fallen a few times even with glasses on.

Be very careful. During my acute WD I fainted, and fell. Broke a rib. Had to find a way to get to a walk in clinic. NOT safe for me to do, but I did this.

Withdrawal can throw so many curveballs at you. And all you can do is just keep on going no matter what.

Not just blurry  vision my eyes burn like there is some form of allergy. If my eyes tear up I have to go wash my eyes out.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! I also have problems with vision after the abolition of benzo. My eyes hurt. Hope, that over time this will pass!

3+ months since CT and I cannot see clearly with or without glasses.  My vision is distorted and blurred.  My eyes are dry and hurt.

SS

• 1 month later...
Yes, I too suffered from blurry vision during my WD but 8 months Benzo Free & I have improvement everyday! Hang in there, it will happen for you too, it just takes time- Take Care Laydefish