Added seroquel withdrawal to benzo withdrawal. Please help!

[Yu...]

Hi! I am 2 years off bromazepam 6 years 3x1 tabl. For withdrawal symptoms they gave me seroquel on september 2018. I took it till january 2019. Now i feel terrible. Non stop crying because not sure i will heal ever. Have terrible insomnia. Anyone who has experience help me. I am dessperate and tired. I need reassurance that this will end or i cant do this anymore. Someone recovered from seroquel and benzo damage?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

You have done so well

Seroquel terrible drug.

I use phenergan if bad nights. I know it’s a phenothiazine too but doesn’t give serotonin unwanted kick.

Best w

D

Really terrible drug. Should not be used except for shizofrenia and bipolar. While on it i was sad, unhappy and when now i am off the withdrawal is terrible.

Agree that is why there is a massive class action in USA against makers.

Seroquel causes

Dehydration

Diabetes

Heart Disease

If you Google “Dr Moncrieff antipsychotics” she explains that antipsychotic meds only dumb down schizophrenia and mania and people recover with social support and if not used have less relapses than those given it. How on earth they have it approved for adjective treatment of depression I dunno.

I was put on it after months of poor sleep from shoulder dislocation.

Yours Dick

I dunno. I was prescribed Seroquel as an Add-on for "treatment resistant depression" and as a sleep aid after quitting Benzos. It took a bit of experimentation but 100mg at night is really helping, I think. I know there are dozens of factors which affect mood and every case is unique, but I'm not prepared to state that all psych meds are evil (although long term use of benzodiazepines definitely is).

Happy for you Captain !

It does have a small success rate but the physical downside is a no no for me.

Best wishes

Dickie

I think I may have to discontinue Seroquel - I'm ticking a lot of boxes for SX - racing, irregular heartbeat, craving for sugar (risk of diabetes etc.). Plus, it really knocks me out at night which was OK until I fell asleep in an armchair Tuesday night and had a severe drop in blood pressure, nausea, cold sweat etc. I fainted briefly and cracked my forehead badly on a doorframe. I don't think I want a drug that hits me that hard, although it is good around rumination / intrusive thoughts. I'll taper 100>50>25>0. Let's see what the next shit storm is....  :-\

Captain !!!

Hole in one.

I had a 20 point rise in b p

Afternoon anxiety

Hunger.

Central dehydration and CKD3  ie renal impairment

Falls in the night.

Permanent rise in core temperature.

Sadly English psychs are using it rather a lot, and gps for sleeping tabs

In the uk it’s called the chemical cosh as it kills the elderly who are given it for confusion.

In America there is a class action I believe because of premature deaths and hidden unpleasant trial factors. Google Seroquel litigation-)))

Watch “ Joanna Moncrieff antipsychotics”  on y tube.  She has found little evidence it works as an add on in depression either. 

Best wishes and PM me if you struggle. I am down from 100 to 25 (20 tonight by guesswork).

Dick

Following.

Since I started seroquel, I have been experiencing increased muscle rigidity and musculoskeletal pain to the point that it is almost unbearable.  Also experiencing the extreme hunger and thirst.

The muscle rigidity sounds like tarditive dyskinesia wich is a side effect and it’s and urgent review by doctor and come off it.  It’s essentially giving you Parkinson’s side effects. I think you should read rhe leaflet in the box and check

Dick

Look at the positives. U were only on it less than four months. While it's long enough for sure to cause dependence it's not 6 months or a year. What dose? I was given this junk to but didn't take it as it didn't work for me. I dunno why the hell this is given out. Its some sort of myth in the medical journal for benzo withdrawal...

I hope it goes ok for u. Look on it as an extra problem that life has thrown at u an extra obstacle to overcome during an already hard process. A similar thing has happened to me as well and will only make us better people in the end..

Thank you phoenixrising. Yes i know that the time i used it is not so much and i am thankfull for that it is also terrible medication to come off. Now i am struggling with dark depression and no light in the end of the tunel. But will keep fighting. Things will improve with time i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a pretty small dose. I don’t remember now but I do know it was very very small. And I cut it in half for awhile too.

However I’m screwed getting off Gabapentin.

An update... I reduced seroquel from 100 to 25 mg over 4 weeks, then quit last Friday. I've been feeling raw and exposed since (but I'm used to that), have slept badly, also acid reflux and projectile vomiting (not necessarily associated). Generally feeling like crap but I want rid of it, I've only been using it for 3/4 months. Good luck all.

An update... I reduced seroquel from 100 to 25 mg over 4 weeks, then quit last Friday. I've been feeling raw and exposed since (but I'm used to that), have slept badly, also acid reflux and projectile vomiting (not necessarily associated). Generally feeling like crap but I want rid of it, I've only been using it for 3/4 months. Good luck all.

Get rid of seroquel and you will be back to normal. I am 6 weeks off seroquel. And i am in panick because i dont take meds. But my mind started to get clear althoug i cant sleep well and i am really depressed. But it will pass.

Luckily CT scan brain so far normal for age, but will exercise more til get off seroquel.

I am so happy for your results.

Copying/pasting a bit here but these are my thoughts on Seroquel and psych drugs in general.....

......last night was the last 25mg. This drug is heavy duty. It did stop rumination pretty much in its tracks, and went a long way towards reducing anxiety but................ the muscle rigidity, clenched jaw, palpitations, blood pressure issues, sugar cravings - no, I can't be having that.

I'm not noticing many SX - it's all mixed up anyway, but I'm hoping to quit all psych meds over the next few months, or at least not add any more. They just don't work. 4-6 weeks to take effect, 4-6 weeks minimum at effective dose before evaluation, another couple of months to decide I don't want it, 6-8 weeks taper, ? weeks SX...... That's 6 months minimum every time we try a "new approach" and it's totally hit and miss. So, fingers crossed. Best of luck, everyone.

One week on from stopping seroquel completely and I must say I haven't had too many withdrawal symptoms. Compared to Benzos, this has been relatively easy, but I was only taking it for about 3 months. I'm so glad to be rid of this drug. Next step: chip away at the paroxetine (40mg) with the aim of being clean in the foreseeable future. Good luck, all.

Thanks for the encouraging message Captain.

Very pleased for you.

As you say Seroquel is foul.

I have been on it for nearly 4 years but did find rapid tapering ok.

When more stable on diaz hold, do you think I could jump  from 25 mg? Or would that be foolish?

Dickie