For Builder or anyone else DLMT from 1.5 mgs Xanax

[Lo...]

I can't believe I'm writing this as I have been totally "all in" for a dry cut taper.  Tonight, after playing around with the darn scale for 3 hours, doing math this is literally got my head ready to explode, and still unable to figure out how to cut my doses "accurately" since the darn pills have different weights, and when crushed I can't get them on the scale without a ton of residue all over the place, etc!

And the math?  Forget it! 

I'm on my own with this.  I printed out Jim Hawk's schedule but I'm still struggling.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do a DLMT starting at 1.5 mgs. of Xanax.  I dose 4 times per day.  I was doing a .25, .5., .25, .5 dosing schedule for the past two days but it's been horrible!  I can REALLY feel the .25's.  I need to figure out a way to have a steady dosing schedule.  I think the DLMT is the only way to accomplish this. 

So again, after all my bravado and conviction on dry cutting, I'm asking for help!  I have to idea how to do the liquid.  How much to weigh out, how much to take, what to throw out, and how to even begin!  For right now, I'm using 1 mg pills of Xanax.

My goal is to do 10% cuts every 14 days (or 1% every day for 10 days and hold for the remaining 4 days if that makes sense).

HELP PLEASE?

Lori

Modify message

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on week 5 of my DLMT.  I think I can help you with Jim Hawk's plan as it's the only thing that made sense to me.  Thank God for one of the buddies who steered me straight on it.  The dry cutting would drive me insane, I'm sure, and mine can't even be cut, just powder to weigh from capsules.  The math ... no thanks!  My brain is numb to all those numbers and I needed something to figure it all out for me.

I was told that using pills with the liquid is the way to go so the body adjusts to the liquid.  Since the .25 are a little tough for you, would you want to make the 1st dose .5, 2nd and 3rd doses .25 and the 4th dose .5?  I was doing liquid with my first dose and on week 3, I suffered for two days with bad symptoms.  Maybe they would have been there anyway, but I decided to start my day with a 10mg capsule, do the tapering liquid about 4 p.m. and then another 10mg capsule at night.  So far, except for those two days, my taper is working well with manageable symptoms.  So, whatever you choose, you may have to arrange it when you see how you do.

I figured my plan without pills, but I only liquid taper my 1st dose and take two 10mg capsules for the 2nd and 3rd dose since I can't cut my benzo.  So, you can do it that way to include pills or have it figure your pills along with each of your liquid doses.

Also, it has been said not to throw away any of the liquid and I could not wrap my brain around that but once I got started, I am now able to not waste any, but save it for the next day or even the next.

I would think you wouldn't need to do your 2nd choice of holding for 4 days, but only hold for days deemed necessary due to symptoms. I haven't had to hold yet with the liquid but as I drop, I'm sure they'll come a day when I do.

I use milk, so I'm not one to advise regarding vodka, ora-plus, etc.  The milk is working for me and it's relatively easy.

How many tablets were you wanting to dissolve?  If you were to dissolve 9 1mg, that would give you enough for 6 days at 1.5mg a day and as it decreases, you'd have some left to use for other days.

I hope I haven't confused you as I know I was so confused in the beginning and it didn't take much to confuse me. 

All the best ...