Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

? For builder on prescription Ativan

[Fo...]

Hi, I posted some questions about liquid Ativan dilution that builder kindly answered last week.

I have another question, or questions, on how to draw up dosages once I mix it all up.

This is when using the 2 mg./1  ml. Liquid Ativan Intensol diluted with water at a ratio of 19:1.

So my solution would end up being .1 mg. = 1 ml.  (I’m sorry,  I don’t know how to link to the original thread.)

-  if I am now taking tablets, .5 mg in the a.m., .25 mg. midday, and .5 mg at evening, is this how my dosing would go if I withdraw the diluted mix with a syringe each time?

A.M - withdrawal 5 ml.

Midday - withdraw 2.5 ml.

P.M. - withdraw 5 ml.

Do I put the medicine in a glass of water and drink it, or does it matter what liquid I mix it with, or how much?

And microtapering  down, if I wanted to start by tapering .1 mg. per X number of days, I would withdraw 1 less ml. from either morning, midday, or evening to do it? Do I have that correct?

Thank you for your help, I’m trying to understand it correctl

Hi, I posted some questions about liquid Ativan dilution that builder kindly answered last week.

I have another question, or questions, on how to draw up dosages once I mix it all up.

This is when using the 2 mg./1  ml. Liquid Ativan Intensol diluted with water at a ratio of 19:1.

So my solution would end up being .1 mg. = 1 ml.  (I’m sorry,  I don’t know how to link to the original thread.)

-  if I am now taking tablets, .5 mg in the a.m., .25 mg. midday, and .5 mg at evening, is this how my dosing would go if I withdraw the diluted mix with a syringe each time?

A.M - withdrawal 5 ml.

Midday - withdraw 2.5 ml.

P.M. - withdraw 5 ml.

Do I put the medicine in a glass of water and drink it, or does it matter what liquid I mix it with, or how much?

And microtapering  down, if I wanted to start by tapering .1 mg. per X number of days, I would withdraw 1 less ml. from either morning, midday, or evening to do it? Do I have that correct?

Thank you for your help, I’m trying to understand it correctl

You're going to prepare  enough dilute liquid to last multiple days.  Lets say you make a 10-12 day batch.  You're currently at 1.25mg day, so combine 6ml (12mg) Rx liquid + 114ml water.  That will give you give 120ml (12mg) of dilute liquid, .1mg=1ml.That will be approx a 10 day supply. 

The easiest to take your daily dose in the same proportions you are now using is extract the full days dose (12.5ml/1.25mg) and put it in a measuring cup.  Top up the cup with more water (or juice, etc) to 1.25 cups.  Then each day drink .5 cups + .25 cups + .5 cups.

Then as  you lower your dose , for example by .002mg/.02ml...

12.5ml

12.48ml

12.46ml

12.44ml

etc...

you will still top up those amounts to 1.25 cups, and divide that into the 3 portions,  .5 cup, .25 cup, .5 cup.

Thank you for your reply. I think I actually understand this - thank you for taking the time to figure out the math for it too. I really appreciate this.

ForestDweller