Thyroid Medication

[Ho...]

I was doing really well on my taper. Til suddenly, I wasn't. Now I'm wondering - like so many others before me - if my thyroid medication is too high.  My TSH was tested a month ago, and it's on the low side of normal at 0.2. They've revised the "normal range" to 0.2 - 5.5.

My thyroid dose being too high is one of the reasons I started xanax in the first place. And these symptoms I'm having now are suddenly familiar. But the symptoms also sound just like the symptoms everyone talks about on these boards.

Anyone else who takes thyroid medication have a similar experience? When you had your TSH checked, was that a cause of your symptoms?

Yes, I had the same problem. My TSH was below the normal so I was in the hyper area, this is why I was given benzo. 

I think it'd be good to check again your TSH, F3, 4 and see where you are now, but it was already at the border. What are you taking for tyroid?

Hugs,

Mary

• 2 months later...

I was doing really well on my taper. Til suddenly, I wasn't. Now I'm wondering - like so many others before me - if my thyroid medication is too high.  My TSH was tested a month ago, and it's on the low side of normal at 0.2. They've revised the "normal range" to 0.2 - 5.5.

My thyroid dose being too high is one of the reasons I started xanax in the first place. And these symptoms I'm having now are suddenly familiar. But the symptoms also sound just like the symptoms everyone talks about on these boards.

Anyone else who takes thyroid medication have a similar experience? When you had your TSH checked, was that a cause of your symptoms?

Just found your post. I'm having trouble with sxs and my thyroid medication. Did you get any information that may shed some light?

No, not really. I lowered my thyroid dose myself, from 7 tablets per week to 6 tablets per week. I just had my TSH tested, and it's up to 1.0, which is a good level.

I was at 0.625 mg xanax per day (5 quarters of 0.5 mg pills). I started reducing at the end of april, got down to 0.5 mg per day. I've been holding there, taking 1 quarter of a tablet every few hours. I just tried starting liquid dosing this week, but it's not going well.

I guess the short answer to your question is, no. But I don't feel like it's my thyroid medication that's ramping me up anymore.

Thank you for responding. I’m struggling too. Was hopeful that a medication adjustment might give me some relief.  Wish you the best on the journey. G