Author Topic: PTSD Club  (Read 4640 times)

[Buddie]

Re: PTSD Club
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2019, 02:03:01 pm »
Hi everyone;

I just discovered this man on YouTube recently who deals with attachment trauma. He seems to have some things to say that may help with this.

https://youtu.be/iff1IDKhXSA

Iíll just go ahead and take one for the team, with the topic. It went on far too long in my life, and I didnít understand it, so Iím resolved to listen to what this man is saying.

His name is Alan Robarge.

He doesnít just speak on romantic relationship, but all kinds of areas of attachment trauma and how it affects a person.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2019, 02:25:08 pm »
Alan Robarge:

You might be Alone for the Rest of Your Life - No Big Whoop!

https://youtu.be/5nG4G53LHi8
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2019, 03:28:47 pm »
Hereís a playlist of all his videos I just made: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPDWLbKRUq144FEUGsMjrmMHBD78OuEKx

[Buddie]

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2019, 03:52:19 am »
Many people that are drawn to and need 12 Step meetings have an aversion to that aspect of the program and those that stay anyways are having an influence in making sure that the program is safe for nonreligious people.  I notice that the Christian references are being phased out more and more. 

This is WELCOME information... At the beginning, (history has been buried, but I downloaded the last scraps before Yahoo went south) there was a bit of a struggle, as Both Founders (Bill esp) had background in the Lodge... As well over half the first 20 AA's, who succeeded in "squechling" the puritanic Oxford Influence to some degree. Hence, in spite of the Oxford roots "Direct Preach-ery" hit the cutting floor even back then. I'm hugely grateful of the progress since.

It's ESPECIALLY hopeful, though there's barely ACA within 40 miles here... My Son, a principled Agnositc, would find this appealing. He's never seen me actively "wet", but - especially witnessing this "Benzo Dependency" and attempt (so far) to Recover...

I wish the resource was more available here.

THANK YoU :smitten:
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2020, 01:39:33 pm »
i have extremely bad ptsd from this
 from the symptoms, the friends the family the psych wards the doctors...its all too much honestly

[Buddie]

« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2020, 07:34:40 am »
I was diagnosed with ptsd leading into tolerance. I was definitely feeling hyper vigilant, exaggerated Startle response And anxiety before it started, but hard to tell if it was because I was building tolerance or because I actually had developed ptsd. Either way, I am severely traumatized by what has happened to me at the hands of drs, so do I have ptsd now. Most definitely

[Buddie]

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2020, 04:05:33 pm »
I still have an exaggerated startle response.  This makes me think I am not healing from trauma so far.  I think I AM healing a lot from benzos and their damage.  Does anyone know about any treatments for trauma?  (other than drugs).  I am so curious about this.  I recently listened to some Mad In America podcasts and heard more than one person say that their opinion of mental illness, is that most or all of it, anxiety, mania, depression, is caused by some sort of trauma.  This leads me to think I have unresolved trauma, and so do a lot of us! 

I found one resource that kind of made sense recently.  It said to constantly make yourself aware of how safe you are now.  Like I do feel pretty safe in my house and with covid, there's not even a lot going on outside the house.  But I STILL have a crazy reactive startle reaction.  I have screamed with fear for just my husband entering the room, more than once. 

I ordered the book, "The Body Keeps the Score" and am interested in what it will have to say.

[Buddie]

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2020, 04:30:37 pm »
EMDR helps with trauma
Neurofeedback helps a lot with anxiety and depression as well

You need to find a licensed therapist who can perform this, but it does work great I hear.

I have had traumatic things in my life that have happened to me - lost a identical twin daughter at birth.

However, I worked very hard over the past 14 years to resolve all that trauma.
Lots of therapy and antidepressants that I successfully came off of 5 years ago.
I did a lot of neurofeedback in the past few years - to show my ADHD daughter it was safe.
I was in the most happiest place and least stressful and least anxious time of my life.
For me this literally started with antibiotics disrupting my microbiome and caused this physiological anxiety inside me that I cannot even describe - it was awful.
This led me to zopiclone, as this weird anxiety would wake me up at 3 am - jolt me out of bed.
I wasn't anxious about anything.
Then I got sick and suspected pneumonia, so more antibiotics, which led to the most intolerable anxiety and panic in me I've ever felt, it was from the drug. My heart has never been the same. The weird HR increases led me to use Ativan.
And this is where I sit now, in this hell of wd that I didn't even plan and I can't even get off this drug.

All the anxiety I'm currently having is from this drug, as well as the anxiety of the situation I'm now in of course.

So while a lot of people have unresolved trauma, there are some that find themselves in this position purely from the use of medicines and drugs.

I do think I'll have some form of PTSD from all of this experience!
I already don't trust any doctor now!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2020, 07:59:53 pm »
Iíve tried EMDR I donít think it did anything. But again Iím not 100% sure I have ptsd from what the therapist said I had it for at least. She was focusing on my brother passing away. I think she needed to focus on wd and anxiety. I was also prescribed prozazin which is spose to help and that also did nothing.

But both these have good success rates in the ptsd community so I think trying these is a good idea if ur suffering. Prozasin is only an old blood pressure med so itís not a benzo or ad and itís helped some people with nightmares by blocking adrenaline.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 05:35:00 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2020, 05:13:33 am »
I have really bad PTSD from my damaged nervous system.  I cannot handle anything anymore without severe panic and confusion, fear, etc.  These drugs have destroyed my body!  It's criminal.  Someone should be in jail for injuring me so much.