GAD and panic disorder is back, full blown

[Ni...]

Mate sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time... sounds awful.

Strange how many of us on here have Lyme.

I always had anxiety but it went next level and got put on meds, now the meds like you guys make things worse and since then dx with Lyme.. which makes things so complicated.

Hard to treat while in benzos.. but when I come off it’s horrific.

My psych who’s into integrative medicine (not the one who prescribed all the crap) has a philosophy that many who suffer severe side effects / WDs have underlying immune dis function which may account for why many of us with Lyme have major issues with benzos, or any psych med.

You’re right about the panic attack thing, not like a 20 minute and ivervthing, it can go for days.

I’m hoping to get off the meds ASAP and start homeopathic Lyme treatment as abx all have horrific effects on me. Again if ur immune systems low, if there’s a side effect, you’ll likely get it.

What treatments anyone tried aside from doxy etc??

I have tried more than 10 different antibiotics, IV and oral.

Also all those natural treatments.

Nothing worked for me. Been treating for 4 years continiously and that made me very ill.

Day 5 or 6 now. Very high anxiety all day long with adrenaline rushes, it feels like i'm losing my mind. I'll give it 3 or 4 weeks max.

Thanks and keep us updated Nick! A small dose Lexapro is working for me a little but I am still having a rough time so I know how you feel. Can you exercise gently at all. I know exercise can make things worse for some ppl.

Hello Nick:

Hope you find some reiief soon. In a way I can relate to your story.  I was bit by a tick years ago, but never developed the bull's eye ring; so I never took antibiotics. However, I was diagnosed with Bipolar which I have managed for years without drugs. Now that I am 15 months off Ativan, I am going through a wave (triggered by family issues)  that is making me rethink taking that old Seroquel again. I was also diagnosed with GAD and I completely understand the torture that it is to have anxiety 24/7. I have a consultation with a naturopath Thursday (with years of experience in mental health) just to see what he has to offer. He has written a book Sleep Better with Natural Remedies which I will get tomorrow from Prime. However, I won't discard going to a psych doc. I applaud your courage to recognize that you need help. I don't think my sleep/anxiety issues now is still benzo withdrawal related; in fact, I believe the withdrawal has debilitated my CNS further that I am having worse bipolar cycling that ever before in my life. I do not want to take benzos again, so I am doing everything I know to deal with it like yoga, meditation, supplements, exercise. I was hoping to get back to work more hours, but I can't at this point. Any major stress triggers my issues. It is maddening! I will pray for us!

Thanks and keep us updated Nick! A small dose Lexapro is working for me a little but I am still having a rough time so I know how you feel. Can you exercise gently at all. I know exercise can make things worse for some ppl.

I'm going to try som exercise tonight, light weight training to help my atrophied muscles.

I can't do any exercise that increases adrenaline and cortisol too much like running or fast paced walking. That triggers panic instantly and i will be even more anxious for days after.

Hello Nick:

Hope you find some reiief soon. In a way I can relate to your story.  I was bit by a tick years ago, but never developed the bull's eye ring; so I never took antibiotics. However, I was diagnosed with Bipolar which I have managed for years without drugs. Now that I am 15 months off Ativan, I am going through a wave (triggered by family issues)  that is making me rethink taking that old Seroquel again. I was also diagnosed with GAD and I completely understand the torture that it is to have anxiety 24/7. I have a consultation with a naturopath Thursday (with years of experience in mental health) just to see what he has to offer. He has written a book Sleep Better with Natural Remedies which I will get tomorrow from Prime. However, I won't discard going to a psych doc. I applaud your courage to recognize that you need help. I don't think my sleep/anxiety issues now is still benzo withdrawal related; in fact, I believe the withdrawal has debilitated my CNS further that I am having worse bipolar cycling that ever before in my life. I do not want to take benzos again, so I am doing everything I know to deal with it like yoga, meditation, supplements, exercise. I was hoping to get back to work more hours, but I can't at this point. Any major stress triggers my issues. It is maddening! I will pray for us!

Sorry to hear your going through a wave and that the withdrawal has worsened your bipolar disorder.

I hope you can come out of it without the use of seroquel. This world is not designed for us stress sensitive people.

• 1 month later...